A king tiger Vs a Stewart tank , will the alies ever learn

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mannheim Tanker:

Ummm...several people, including myself, did respond to his question. I poked a little fun at him too, but I hardly think it's worth all of your tears. I really don't care if you laugh Mr. Winterbottom, because you are either having a bad day or are simply a humorless wet blanket. Good day.

:rolleyes:

EDIT: Spelling (how ironic is THAT!? LOL!)

[ 05-01-2001: Message edited by: Mannheim Tanker ]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Heh..somehow I expected you to go personal on me. I guess it kinda fits you rather nicely.

Mr. Winterbottom

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MrWinterbottom:

Heh..somehow I expected you to go personal on me. I guess it kinda fits you rather nicely.

Mr. Winterbottom<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You know it never ceases to amaze me that some people have no sense of humor whatsoever. How does one get up in the morning without having one? But I guess if you take every little snid-bit personally or seriously then I guess one wouldn't.

I don't know about you, but I have had a seriously bad experience in my life in the last couple of years. (A bad car accident) If didn't have a good sense of humor, I wouldn't be able to deal with my situation. I would have probably committed suicide if didn't. So live a little bit and smile every now and then, like this :D

The one thing I am surpised that no one has mentioned is the US doctrine of tank warfare at the time. The US believe that the tank was to break thru the enemy lines and creat panic in the rear areas. Any tank fighting was to be handled by the tank destroyers. This doctrine continue well after D-day. That is why the US still was using towed anti-tank guns till the end of 1944. The Sherman fit the US doctrine.

Also Shermans mounting the 76mm could take out a Tiger from the side.

Eric

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Maximus:

You know it never ceases to amaze me that some people have no sense of humor whatsoever. How does one get up in the morning without having one? But I guess if you take every little snid-bit personally or seriously then I guess one wouldn't.

I don't know about you, but I have had a seriously bad experience in my life in the last couple of years. (A bad car accident) If didn't have a good sense of humor, I wouldn't be able to deal with my situation. I would have probably committed suicide if didn't. So live a little bit and smile every now and then, like this :D<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You know what..I am glad that you manage to smile and have such a wonderful sense of humor. I feel the love vibrate from you. You are pure light, baby. All love. And fun, fun, fun. And to think that all that is wrapped up in such a neat little package. My My! I am simply stumped for words.

No, really.

And before I forget. Thank you for your obviously kindhearted concern on my behalf, but let me assure you that it is better spent elsewhere as I am sure that even your vast pool of love and care have its limits.

Mr. Winterbottom

All roses and peaches, baby.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Paton Returns:

... the Allies used tiny Shermans with no armour and no gun ...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I beg your pardon?

In the battle of El-Alamein the Sherman was the best tank around, both regarding armour and armament, and there were plenty of them.

As for your title of this thread, it's a little misleading. It should be called "A Lynx vs a Stuart tank, ..." to get the proportions straight. The Stuart was a recon tank at the end of the war (although admittedly passing as a "cruiser" in '41).

Cheers

Olle

"Hi every body"

"hi docter nick!"

thanks everyone for your great postings would you like to subscibe to postings limited for only £100 a day? or maby you would like this vacume cleaner which is selling for a low low price!

enough i want to be alone . . . .

just kidding ;)

any way maximus return to 50 AD or what ever it was and "Get a job like you should jerk " limp bizkit

oh i guess i should explain my spelling . .

well eh

hmmm

i never was good at spelling and eh

ok let me put it this way when i type somefing i dont go back over it to check did i sfell it right or not i guess i rush and make mistakes but i want to put up what ever i just typed a soon as possible while its fresh in my head

"ITS GREAT TO KNOW EVERYONE HAS FORGIVEN ME"

"NOT EVERY ONE

"WHO?"

"WHA HA HAHAH AH AH "

"AHHHHHH"

ok thats just stupid LOL!

catch u later

and thanks for posting !

:D

your looking at a new and improver "Paton" Returns but we all know the real Paton dont we? ;)

oh yes your right it was a "Tank destroyer"

and no i wont tell you how old i am and no that doesnt mean im 8 i just means i'l tell u when i trust u!

plus i know you guys r all sykos any way!

PS im not that stupid

PPS psyko for those of you who don't know what i mean!

:D