Any benefits to blind targeting?

I was just wondering if there is any benefits to blind targeting another unit(not in direct line of sight), while hunting or moving? Is this unit predisposed to be targeted over any other units, or will the targeting unit still hunt as normal, and lock onto the first or best target spotted? Also, how come I can target with a 60mm mortar unit, when it clearly says that I can't if it(the unit) or the HQ in command, can't see the target. The targeting path sticks, but no mortars are fired during the action phase- strange...

Thanks in advance...

------------------

"Childhood's over the moment you know you're going to die." -The Crow

Blind targeting does predispose toward shooting the targeted unit and is especially useful in some circumstances:

- you know a tank is coming into LOS (because you're moving at it or it's moving at you) and you want your AFV/gun/bazooka/AT weapon targeted on it. This will cause the loader for the AFV or gun to load up AP.

- you see a bunch of infantry coming (or going) and you want to make sure everyone gets suppressed equally (so that they're parked in the trees when the arty hits 15 sec later, for example)

- there's more, but you get the idea.

If you blind target a unit with a 60 mm mortar and it's not in LOS of an HQ in contact with the mortar, then it's just like any other blind target-- the mortar will fire when it sees it, but otherwise not, and might drop the targeting order if something else comes into sight.

------------------

"If you can taste the difference between caviar on a cracker and ketchup on a Kit-Kat while blindfolded, you have not had enough aquavit to be ready for lutefisk." (stolen from some web page about lutefisk)

I've basically given up on blind targeting unless the units are literally meters from LOS and moving steadily toward each other. I've found that my units give up the targetting order too soon to be of any real use otherwise.

------------------

"I'm the Quarterback. I make the plays. You back the plays I make." -Harvey Keitel to his adopted son in the movie "Dusk til Dawn" (about 3 hours before they're both ripped apart and eaten alive by vampires)