Mod: Wespe, Marder, and German guns

I'm not going to pretend this is some entirely original new mod, but I think it adds to the game. It is simply the original BTS skins that I have color balanced and darkened to make the "dark yellow" base more, well,... dark yellow. I like the original BTS patterns for the Wespe, Marder II and Marder III and the german guns just fine. I just do not like the almost white "dark yellow". I started by just trying to adjust the Wespe mod and soon discovered that I'd opened a can of mod worms. As many of you know the BMPs for the Wespe are shared by the Marder III. When your done with that you find that the gun for the Marder III is shared by the Pak 38 and Pak 40, so you change those. Now you've got to deal with those Pak parts that are shared with the 8cm PAW which in turn shares BMPs with the 88mm Puppchen and then, almost finally, the 105mm RCL. At last you find that the 105mm RCL shares the wheel with the 75mm IG and it is apparent that this multi-mod complex will never end and you satisfy yourself that its okay if the 75mm IG has a darker yellow wheel. Oh yeah, I almost forgot, once you've done all this the gun parts on the Marder II look funky so that, of course, has to be color balanced and darkened as well (I also increased the size of the dark red and dark green spots on the Marder II). At any rate, I think all these units look better in their new darker yellow base color and I figured some of you may prefer it as well. If someone wants this mod or wishes to host it send me an email.

I present the semi-new

WespmarderIIIpak38pak40PAWpuppchen105mmRCLmarderII mod:

View?u=1543618&a=11701431&p=45189848

The Marder III isn't in the pic because it basically looks like the Wespe and there's already too much stuff in the screen shot anyway.

------------------

Later, Dave

[This message has been edited by Sgt Fred (edited 03-30-2001).]

I'll host it on The Last Defense for you if you want. beigelemon@yahoo.com

------------------

The Last Defense- Made any scenarios? Send them here!

Well my skiff's a twenty dollar boat, And I hope to God she stays afloat.

But if somehow my skiff goes down, I'll freeze to death before I drown.

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

It would seem that Photopoint.com is not happy with my image. It's only 127k. I can't even get into my Photopoint account right now, but as soon as I can, I'll fix it.

Looks like Photopoint's image link works now. Sorry for the delay.

------------------

Later, Dave

[This message has been edited by Sgt Fred (edited 03-30-2001).]

Originally posted by Panzer Leader:

Hey Gustav, not complaining, just curious. Is there any wayt you can make the downloads just one big one, instead of splitting them all up into bite-size chunks?

Maybe if you are doing for those cursed hotmail people, you could have an option for either way.

Well... Yes and no. If they get bigger than something like 10 megs, I have trouble uploading them. Therefore, I could have the download in 2 segments instead of 4-6.

The main reason I split them up is because that's how Gunnergoz sends them. Any bigger and they won't fit through our mailboxes. Also, up until this year, I was on an internet connection that never got above 28.8kbps, so I have a lot of sympathy for people with slow modems. However, I will put a poll on my website asking if I should make them all one or two big downloads. If there's an overwhelming response to do what you want, I will.

Sgt. Fred- would still be more than happy to host your mod.

------------------

The Last Defense- Made any scenarios? Send them here!

Well my skiff's a twenty dollar boat, And I hope to God she stays afloat.

But if somehow my skiff goes down, I'll freeze to death before I drown.

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.