COMBAT MISSIONS: New Jeep Mods

Maximus,

I am the author of the jeep mods mentioned above. I wish that I could post preview shots of the mods which I have made here, as it would a)- allow people to look at them beforehand and decide if they're even worth the time, and B)- provide an opportunity for folks to critique them and offer feedback. Unfortunately, the one outlet which I had previously seen to do this (since I do not have a website myself) was the use of a site called Photopoint (or something like this). However, a week ago I was informed that my account was going to be closed because they now charge a $19.95 fee to maintain an account there (as opposed to being free, as before). I can understand their need to do this to remain in business, but unfortunately being someone who is on a tight budget (read has a family who demand to be fed), I can't afford this. So, perhaps someone out there knows of another source for this sort of service, still free, of course. If so, then I would be happy to start posting preview shots in the future.

Regards,

MSP

Old Dog,

My most sincere thanks! Service above and beyond the call of duty... smile.gif

All: if anyone has any complaints, tweaks, problems, or requests for this mod, please let me know. This was the very first one that I did, and I'm sure that there are many improvements that I could make.

Thanks!

MSP

Should've known ol' Bob comes to the rescue. Anyway, Feldgrau, I d/l'ed the mod. Really excellent work. However I did find a few textures that could have been improved a bit. For I am Eagle Eye Maximus Beta Testor for Marco and Gordon mods, muhahaha! :D What I found was that in some of the Dirty versions, that a few textures could have been muddied as well. Like the front end of the front bumper. Also the flattened Windshield on the MG Jeep could have been "transparented out" to look like the normal windshield. I believe that file was like 3308, IIRC.

Also, for the rear spare tire. I did a little cut and paste on the hub from the regular wheel file and stretched it a bit to fit the one on the rear spare tire. (Dimensions are a little a-skewed (oval-like) for the rear file.) But I didn't stop there. I took the tire tread texture 40xx something and I used it to overlay the top and sides of the spare tire for a better effect there also.

NOTE: I have only done these modifications for the dirty versions of the jeep. Or actually just the textures that I plan on using in my game.

But anyway, Feldgrau, these are the best Jeep mods that we have seen so far, so not to knock your work at all. I just found a few improvements to make. BTW, I did find a few pink spots on the rear file for the dirty jeep. ;)

Maximus,

Thanks for the comments! I appreciate you pointing out those corrections. I've sent a separate e-mail to ask a few questions regarding what you did.

Again, thanks to Old Dog for posting the e-pic! This is the kind of feedback I was looking for...

MSP

I did attempt to show a preview pic in the original post but for some reason i couldn't get the image to load (lots of spaces and things in the path name?), hence the EDIT on the first post.

Anyway, i have now setup a directory on the server to house forum preview pics.