Panserfaust

After the interesting talk on the Nashorn

I was wondering about the nitty gritty of these panserfaust and their Allied equivalents. I have no idea how they are launched or what is the maximum range. Should you rush the tanks? Can they be fired on the run. In someways I find them as effective as a 'zook. I mean I can't trust a 'zook to stop a tank for sure at 100 metres (altho' as attacker I am paranoid to be that close (without withering suppression fire).

So that means ranges where the panserfaust can be employed.

Thanks for any comments.

Panzerfausts in CM come in three versions: PF30, PF60 and PF100. The number is the max range of the weapon. However, usually the squad won't fire one unless the target is within half that range.

Effective against just about anything in the Allied inventory, they are also fired against infantry in close combat situations.

AFAIK, they cannot be fired on the run (could be wrong here).

Panzerfaust

[ 10-14-2001: Message edited by: Kingfish ]

[ 10-14-2001: Message edited by: Kingfish ]

Kingfish,

You are wrong about "can't fire on the run" part. I suppose you meant to say that in real life, one cannot be effectively employed when the operator is running, but in CM, the run command produces favorable results if the enemy is close. The PzFaust flies out of the squad while it is supposedly running when it closes with the target.

Of course, since CM is abstracted, this porbably means that as the rest of the squad is assaulting the enemy armor, the panzerfaust operator got down to one knee and launched the thing at the tank before moving on.