Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Help me convert UK weapons to metrics

I'm baffled...How do you convert UK weapons (ie. 2 Pounders etc.) into the metric scale? I just thought about it this morning, and from what i've remembered the description has a correllation to the actual weight of the shell. Is this true?

------------------

"Lack of weapons is no excuse for defeat"

- Lt. General Renya Mutaguchi, Commanding General, Japanese Fifteenth Army, 1944-1945

The pounder system means, take a lead ball that just fit's into the barrell of 2 pounder gun.

The lead ball weighs 2 pounds. smile.gif Same for other pounders.

So there's no way to convert by any calculation.

But:

2pdr = 40mm

6pdr = 57mm

There's a FAQ hidden somewhere in internet, the rest are there.

Don't forget to divide by 6.55957 to have the pounder converted to French Euros.

Then substract the average PSI of your AFVs.

You can't get more complicated.

But then they won't do metrics in the first place...

biggrin.gif

------------------

You are not Obsessive-CMpulsive, you are Allied-Retentive.

Mark IV

And 25 pounder = 88mm

------------------

Well my skiff's a twenty dollar boat, And I hope to God she stays afloat.

But if somehow my skiff goes down, I'll freeze to death before I drown.

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

-Commercial fishing in Kodiak, Alaska

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 109 Gustav:

And 25 pounder = 88mm

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, but not THAT 88mm!! (Although the 25lber was the best British AT gun in the desert in 1940-41 (only competing against the 2pder, which is good, but not that good for its size). I am waiting for the doorknocker to be the main German AT gun in the early war CM's !! Wont that be fun everybody

------------------

The conception of such a plan was impossible for a man of Montgomery's innate caution...In fact, Montgomery's decision to mount the operation ...[Market Garden] was as startling as it would have been for an elderly and saintly Bishop suddenly to decide to take up safe breaking and begin on the Bank of England. (R.W.Thompson, Montgomery the Field Marshall)