How do you change/specify a unit's zone in the editor?

That about says it. I can place allied units and they turn out with a red base. But all the axis units I place end up with a grey base, when there are axis zones placed on the map! Looked in the manual to no avail. Does anyone know how to change a unit's allowed zone?

Game just came through the post, hence the absence from the forum smile.gif

The base color you see in the map editor doesn't have anything to do with set up zones. Units are assigned to the zone they start in. But you will only see changed bases in the set up phase itself.

So if you have a red and a white Allied zone, and put one platoon in each, at set up the Allied player will be able to move around the units of each platoon within its zone, but will not be able to transfer units from one zone to another.

All you have to do in the editor is (1) draw the zones on the map in "zone mode", (2) "preview" the map, and "move" each unit to its proper set up zone.

You can also choose "free set up" or "padlocked set up" to allow free placement of a unit, or require it to start at the exact spot you place it. So in effect the default is "able to move around at set up in the zone it starts in, but not out of its starting zone".

Try it, and go all the way to starting a newly made scenario (against the AI, or "hotseat" playing both sides). You will quickly see how it works.

I hope this helps.