Fear in the Fog question

Hello all.

I have now played FitF as the Germans twice. Each time I take both VL pretty early and manage to get about 2 platoons out the exit area. Both times I got defeated though (Allies Tactical Victory).

Are the points strictly calculated by the units that exit the map or is there a balance?

Looks like I didn't get the briefing right. :confused:

Does anybody know the answer to that?

Thanks in advance

Sengyo

I won as the Germans by taking the VL's, and blowing the Crap out of the Americans until they surrendered.

I did not bother trying to exit anyone, but rather I kept all of my units in the game to fight, and tried to force the surrender before the game ended. It was a race against time to see if one event would occur before the other.

Are the points strictly calculated by the units that exit the map or is there a balance?

Both the flags and exited units are calculated, but I wouldn't think of it as balanced. In fact, in Fear in the Fog it favors exiting units over flag control by a big margin.

The way exit scenarios work is for every unit that is eligible to exit, but doesn't, a certain number of points is awarded to the opponent. Those points equal the purchase price of that unit. Therefore, you can control all the flags but still lose the game, because the price for the non-exited units outweigh whatever points you get from the flag.

The way exit scenarios work is for every unit that is eligible to exit, but doesn't, a certain number of points is awarded to the opponent. Those points equal the purchase price of that unit.
I just checked and it seems that ALL units were destined to exit. I guess that one can't just take the flags and push the americans out of the way and expect to score big. Both games I played ended up in bloody infantry confrontations but, especially the second time, I had pushed the americans to the SW edge of the map, securing the train station with a strong position. I thought that would make it. There are two choices here: either you push them out of the way quickly and leave a minimum force the control the flag while you send the rest of the troops out, or as wbs suggested, just hammer the americans into oblivion and hope for a surrender.

Thanks to you both for the tips.

Still new at this game but I LOVE it!

Sengyo