Community Poll: Game Balance

Not so long ago there was a pretty heated discussion about game balance in V 1.1 that began in regard to the new tungsten usage. Now that the patch is no longer the "new patch" and everyone has become more acclimated to it I would like to hear the community's thoughts on game balance with regard to point values, availability and all the rest.

To keep things in perspective I think it might be helpful if, in addition to your thoughts on game balance, you also specify your prefered side and how you normally play combat mission (QB's v. Comp, Double-Blind Scenario's, TCP-IP etc...).

Maj Bosco,

As for Tungsten use.. I really have no problem with the way it is modeled now. BTS has made tungsten a little less deadly, but has programed the units to use it more. It only makes sense for units to use what they have.

The whole point argument started with Players upset at the seemingly lopsided armor points avalible to the two sides when playing a combined force quick battle.

I'm a long time supporter of using what you have to the best of your ability. What most people wanted was just for both sides to be totally even.

After BTS chimed in and gave thier reasons for the what they did, and how they designed it. I really didn't mind to much. Just a matter of knowing what you are going to have to work with and changing tactics acordingly.

As for side and battle preference. I prefer the Germans, but I am usually the allies in 75% of my games. I play almost soley PBEM games, but plan on playing TCP/IP when time premits. I prefer double blind scenarioes. But QB's are the norm.

I hope this topic doesn't degrade to a flame fest. I honestly believe that it hard at first because the change hit people flat footed. Personaly, while at first hitting the german player where he notices it most (in the armor). I think with the added infantry it balances out. In my games as the Germans, it has forced me to play diffrent and learn to really use infantry forces correctly.

Just my .02

Lorak

------------------

"Do not wait to strike till the iron is hot; but make it hot by striking."--William Butler Yeats

Cesspool

Combatmissionclub

Lorak's FTX

and for Kitty's sake

=^..^=

I play everything, all the time and notice no significant difference. Don't make me revisit the Gamey German Tactic of Blitzkrieg post.

(Truth be told, I only posted to show off me new sig)

------------------

Car Wars sucked hard. In fact all Steve Jackson games sucked hard. What the hell was wrong with you, back then? Didn't you ever hear about the d20?!?!

No d20 back then fool. Cars Wars was only 4 dollars, what do you expect?