ASL map conversions

Hi,

I've been trying for the last weeks to get the website with all the ASL maps and scenarios (one that has w1.telia.something in its address) but each time I access it the browser says "ready" but all I see is a blank screen. Does anybody know if it's down, or is it my browser's failure?

Failing that, I decided to dive into creating my own maps and found it easy and fun. I've done ASL maps 1-7 so far, but the questions is, does anyone know how I can join them for an ASL-converted-to-CM scenario? I.e. is there any way to copy and paste in the scenario editor? :confused:

I have all the maps 1-25 and 31-48 already done. You can download them at the CM desert site www.dfdr.net

Saddly you cannot cut and paste. Each map must be made from scratch from the ASL map segments. What I did was to use my color printer to print out each ASL map in CM form and then use that as a guide when I join them together.

This is on my wish list for CM2 but was told by BTS that it wouldn't happen.

MikeT

The ASL2CM website closed down due to lack of time on the part of its webmaster.

Unfortunately there is no cut and paste function in the editor. All you can do is to merge them by hand (ie creating the entire map in the editor).

Sorry. We hope something like that will be in CM2 though.

In the download site under the title:

DFDR MT Scenario Templates. It is 65kb and is literally ASL maps in cmb format.

A couple of weeks ago I got maps 48-52 plus Streets of Fire A-D and the two Tarawa maps. I plan to get these work up as well. I also want to work up a Pacific mod for CM. BTW, I have a real need for someone that speaks Japanese and will do the langauge files for CM. If you know anyone interested let me know.

MikeT