Mod Question

I have found a few photos of WWII era vehicles, including Pnathers, Tigers, Jagdpanthers, etc., in camo. I would like to try modding a bit. Now, I know PawBroon has put together a beginner's guide, and I will look at that. However, I am curious as to what the best freeware (or packaged into Windows) software is for modding? I have MS Paint, and can tinker in it. I am NOT going to go out and buy Photoshop to make mods because I doubt I would use it all that much.

Any replies (particularly from some vets like Kitty, Maximus, Fernando, Marco, etc.) would be appreciated.

Steve

[ 06-07-2001: Message edited by: MrSpkr ]

Well you hadn't asked for MY advice so I will provide some.

That's the obnoxious little French in me that's doing the talking.

I am a Photoshop fan.

But best bang for the bucks is either Paint Shop Pro or Photo Impact.

Both could be downloaded as 30 days TBYB and that should be enough for you to crank a MOD and see what you need soft wise.

You can download them at http://www.download.com

I forgot.

If you are a broadband user, do NOT hesitate to download ALL of the paint softs.

:D

I am not kidding.

They basically all do the same things but they do it very differently.

So it's all a question of feeling.

Marco Bergman and Gordon Molek are both using PSP.

Marco's being a VERY old one.

Both of them could not produce the same snow results.

And that's PSP.

Maximus is a PI6 user.

Deanco and I are a PS6 users.

It all boils down to personnal preferences.

BTW, JUJU did his MODs with MsPaint and ACDSee.

Try to make sure your soft has a Clone Tool, a Free Transform Tool, a Airbrush Tool and for CHRIST SAKE LAYERS!!!

That's it.

No drop dead and try to produce MODs that you're proud of.

No matter how they'll be considered, you do those for YOU.

MrSpkr what are you thinking about doing? If you don't have anything in mind ( yeah right ) how about thinkin about the Pershing tank? Tiger did one a long long time ago and it was great then but really doesn't live up to the newer neater prettier ones modders are putting out now. Well, it's something to think about anyway........ So, are you going to do it - the Pershing I mean? Just kidding - no really, I don't care, no really I don't..... but in case you do please don't forget to let EVERYBODY know. I can't begin to tell you how many people have said " Wish somebody would redo the Pershing Tank". But the hell with them do what you want. :D

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by lcm1947:

MrSpkr what are you thinking about doing? If you don't have anything in mind ( yeah right ) how about thinkin about the Pershing tank? Tiger did one a long long time ago and it was great then but really doesn't live up to the newer neater prettier ones modders are putting out now. Well, it's something to think about anyway........ So, are you going to do it - the Pershing I mean? Just kidding - no really, I don't care, no really I don't..... but in case you do please don't forget to let EVERYBODY know. I can't begin to tell you how many people have said " Wish somebody would redo the Pershing Tank". But the hell with them do what you want. :D<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, I have a couple of pix of camo german tanks I want to try, but I would be willing to take a shot at a Pershing if I had a decent COLOR photograph to work from.