HQ casualties and armament in CMBB

Getting back to the point about the last man in a CM HQ always having a pistol ... they don't. In a current PBEM I have a German Coy HQ down to 1 man (yes, it's not going well :( ) and he is carrying an MP40. The pistol got ditched somewhere among the rubble.

Regards

JonS

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A cousin of mine, Stephen Sharp (recently deceased)served in the 2nd World War as an officer in the London Irish. He told me that his issue weapon was a pistol. He (rightly) described this as completely inadaquate. Consequently, he "liberated" an MP40 and went through much of the war with that.

Anecdotal, but true ;)

Regards,

Richard

the one redeeming value of the close combat computer game series was the ability to ditch lesser weapons for better ones (loose a carbine, get a thompson; loose the pistol, get a mg42!)

if i were on the battlefield with my old .45 and here comes two men with SMG's, after i make of mess of myself, i would definatly look for heavier firepower.

its not like the movies, where i would stand on a rock, and yell something motivational and shoot them all dead with my .45 pistol!