shogun or command mission

Just for the record, I have an AMD K6-2 @380mhz, 80 MB ram (soon to go up), and a 16mb Voodoo 3 3000 PCI.

Combat Mission runs fine... perhaps a little sluggish or choppy on the large maps, but then I also have many, many mods installed. (although they are mostly lo-res.)

------------------

"Fear is for the enemy... Fear and Bullets."

"They didn't want to come... but I told em, by jeepers, it was an order."

I will add some personal experience from the multiplayer side of Shogun's gameplay:

Shogun's units are very unbalanced as well. The fact that there is a small limit on the number of formations you can buy (there are onyl 15 slots to choose from), there isnt much room for strategic flexibility.

Fill up all your slots with low honour (Shogun's name for experience) "Warrior Monks" and you've got a force no one can beat.

Because attackers and defenders get the same amount om koku (points) to spend on their men, the defender can sit on a hill and enjoy all the advantages without any drawbacks.

Muliplayer whores enjoy this sort of inbalance, and play these sorts of game specifically to gain rank. The game crashes VERY often in multiplayer, and lags like a b!tch.

Since singleplayer gets boring quick, I wont even mention it.

I have both. Bought Shogun before CM. Played Shogun for about a month before I received CM. Haven't had a desire to play Shogun since. It was fun at first, but just very limited on what you can do. Same thing over and over. CM, well what can I say. It's different every single time. You will be wasting $50.00 if you buy Shogun.