Difference between Infantry units?

Is there any in game difference between the types of infantry squads? i.e: Aside from the different firepower ratings and experience status are paratroopers, for exemple, more combat effective than regular infantry? In essence, assuming all things being the same (Same firepower, same experience, same extras like rifle grenades, etc) would a paratrooper unit be able to run farther, clear a building better, etc?

Just curious.

Btw, in some inexplicable mysterious way, that has led to the discovery that SS soldiers are actually hamsters.

I suggest a further search should your interest have been initialized.

------------------

"Me tank is still alive me churchill's crew must be laughing there heads off." (GAZ_NZ)

Hamsters eh?

Well, some infantry units have more men. Example, a German Panzergrenadier squad has 9 men while some Allied Airborne units have 12. You've mentioned the firepower available to the infantry squads but also pay close attention to the types of weapons carried and the effective ranges (with firepower inversely proportional to range). Also of special note are engineer squads who also carry satchel charges and other explosive goodies to give anything in their short ranges some grey hairs. For these same reasons these unique troop types (Paratroopers/Panzergrenadiers/Engineers/Glider Inf./Gebirgsjagers/etc.) are more effective than regular infantry due to the fancier gear. Training and morale depend on the settings placed by the scenario editor to simulate elite U.S./U.K.Airborne/Fallschirmjagers/etc. Without this if all types are at regular experience, they technically have the same morale. Sounds weird, but you'll catch on.

Gyrene, judging by your name you wouldn't have happened to be a Marine by any chance, would you?

------------------

"Uncommon valor was a common virtue"-Adm.Chester Nimitz of the Marines on Iwo Jima

[This message has been edited by Warmaker (edited 03-27-2001).]