Demo player question: Are they stupid?

While being fired on in a building (MG fire, e.g.) my men will not infrequently exit the building--- even in the direction of the fire!

Why not hit the deck if it's getting hot? Or exit the building using it as a cover? But running out, hands flailing, etc.?

Is this just the Demo's AI? Or is it the same with the full program? Has anyone got the answer for me?

You don't provide very much info to go on.

But it's safe to say, that since I've played CM (since the original Beta days) the generic description of men running from buildings for no apparent reason into the line of fire never happens.

Now, that said, are they panicked or in some other state? All sorts of things can go bad when that happens.

IIRC, the Demo is version 1.02 right? Unless they've updated it since then. The currect version is 1.12. The AI has gone through NUMEROUS tweaks since then, so I wouldn't judge the full game on what you see in the demo. The AI concerning all of what you described, including stuff you didn't think you described, has been tweaked at least once or more.