Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Playing off the hard drive

Yes,you see I have a 3 year old and a 5 month old and spend a lot of money on gaming. I know what you are thinking and if I was going to give or sell the game I would ask how to avoid the copy protection. No I just want to access the game with out the cd, so I can put it away in a safe place.

Well in that case...

You can find a utility (discussed thouroughly in a previous thread) about a "Virtual CD-ROM emulator" It copies an image of your disck to your HD and then creates a drive letter for it. Go to your favorite computer download site (such as zdnet) and search for the above quoted.

Sadly, most of the programs are shareware, but their are ways around that too -- I'm not going to tell you everything, I'd have to be on CRACK!!!

Sorry if I sounded suspicious - it's nothing personal. I can see your point now smile.gif

Can I suggest you trade in the children for a faster PC? wink.gif This would solve the problem and you would have extra CM time biggrin.gif

------------------

"Woof!Woof!"

That's my other dog impression.

Are you using Virtual Drive? Their website is

www.farstone.com

I use this pgm and think it is great. So much so, I even bought it! No more scratched cds. No more inserting cds, etc Best utility software I ever purchased. Well worth the money spent.

I edit the existing shortcuts to eject the virtual cd image, then insert the new one and then run the pgm. My cdrom hardly gets used. The only drawback is the space requird to hold all your cds on disk. But disk is so cheap now anyway.

One other big advantage, is games run "faster" as they dont have to wait on that slow cd rom access.