Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Will the new orders be retrofitted into CMBO ???

Hi everyone!

i´m just wondering if someone knows if the new orders "move until contact", "hull down" etc mentioned in the gamspot preview will be retrofitted into CMBO! I did i search smile.gif but didn´t find any answers to this question!

I´ll surelly buy CM2 anyway, but i would certainly want the new orders to be availble to me in CMBO, the westfront beeing my favorite WWII-arena and all!

So what gives?

// Jocke

It is pretty safe to say no. BTS has stated that a “retrofit” would require a lot of time, time they would rather spend producing new products.

However if the wind keeps blowing in BTS’s sails they are likely to come back to the West 44-45 front sooner or later.

M.

I think BTS plans to come back to the West Front after they rewrite the engine of the game, so I doubt they would do the new stuff to the old game. Makes sense from my point of view, since I want desert rats and 1940 ASAP, and in a couple of years, after I buy a new computer with a quad G5 processor and a NVidia Powerforce 5 128mb graphics card, I want to see the Western Front again, only this time in with ray traced shadows, better ballistics engines, and a new AI, all of which would delay the East Front by two years, and may not be possible to retrofit, being more of a ground up coding thing.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Slapdragon:

I think BTS plans to come back to the West Front after they rewrite the engine of the game, so I doubt they would do the new stuff to the old game. Makes sense from my point of view, since I want desert rats and 1940 ASAP, and in a couple of years, after I buy a new computer with a quad G5 processor and a NVidia Powerforce 5 128mb graphics card, I want to see the Western Front again, only this time in with ray traced shadows, better ballistics engines, and a new AI, all of which would delay the East Front by two years, and may not be possible to retrofit, being more of a ground up coding thing.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey Slapdragon

Welcome back! We have missed you smile.gif

good to see you posting again!

-tom w

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by aka_tom_w:

Hey Slapdragon

Welcome back! We have missed you smile.gif

good to see you posting again!

-tom w<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks Tom. I have a government job right now that took all my time and did not allow be to chat at work on the Internet. Now it is calming down a bit. I am happy to come back in.

BTW-- I thought of you when the managemnt announced that we were getting rid of Windows NT for Macintosh computers during our next upgrade.

Steve