Mods causing performance issues

Hello,

I have noticed that after I install any gfx mods, Combat Mission 1.1 will relentlessly hit the CD-ROM while loading a scenario and also during play... This is causing serious performance issues... guess I will stop using mods.

anyone else see this ?

any ideas ?

thanks,

Derek.

I thought the shortcut might be the problem, but it is not. The issues only happen after a Gfx mod is installed. I have tried several different mods.

take a look at your CD-ROM when loading CM 1.1 with mods... is CM accessing the CD ? when I do not have mods it does not touch the CD at all.

thanks,

Derek.

I can assure you, that having mods installed does not *make* the game access the CD-drive. The game has no idea if the graphics you have installed are the originals or not. So it could not make a call to the CD-drive.

IIRC, there was a thread or so on this issue a while back, but I can't recall what the solution was.

You can email Steve or Madmatt and I think they have the solution to the problem.

In fact, the game doesn't even need the CD in the drive after it does its copy-protection check at game start-up. Because that is how you can run LAN games.

My guess is that you aren't installing the mods in the proper location. Make sure that they are in their correct folders within the Cmbo directory on your harddrive.

And double check your Shortcut path. That may be the problem also.

------------------

"Live by the sword, live a good LOOONG life!"-Minsc, BGII

"Boo points, I punch."--Minsc, BGII