ANZAC Scenarios

PNelson

Hello guys, a new fan here. I just purchased Tacops4, the first Tacops I have had. I notice there are Aus/NZ units in the DB, are there also scenarios that include these as all of those in the download seem to be either US or Canada.

In fact I see very few scenarios on the net, where can I find them ? Sorry for dumb question.

I just won the CA Dingman scenario after 3 attempts, though I would've been hanged for loosing well over 90% and managed to then withdraw only 1 APC and a dozen men ! ;) Quite a challenge. They must be paid well...

Anyway, greetings from downunder,

Paul

[ July 30, 2007, 12:26 PM: Message edited by: PNelson ]

Welcome aboard Paul,

I have not found any ANZAC specific scenarios as standard, but it is quite easy to interchange existing scenarios with aus units.

-another Aus. player is most welcome; including you, that makes 3 that I know of. (it makes network games a little more possible when you're in the same timezone)

regards

-Smith (Melbourne)

The Australian/New Zealand military version of TacOps5 (TacOps ANZAC) has a folder of scenarios that start up with New Zealand OOB. Unfortunately they do not work with retail TacOps4.

While that contract was underway, I had intended to also include a set of Australian scenarios but your Army would not provide me with an unclassified order of battle. smile.gif

Fair enough MajorH. Thanks for your speedy reply. 'Military version' , is that like Harpoon Pro, which is not available to the public ? (yes I am a long time 'pooner, was reccomended this game by members at harpoonhq.)

Mr Smith, you can drop me a mail about a network game if you like, (paulnelson15@optusnet.com.au), I am in Sydney.

Are there user-created scenarios for solo play or are they only for network games ?

Great game Major, if only the AI knew how close he came to victory , or perhaps you intend the player to sweat to the last minute...to never take victory for granted.

have a great day,

Paul

There are no user made scenarios for solo play because I was never successful at producing a scenario editor for TacOps4 that would allow the inclusion of an AI opponent.

The existing editing tools that are built into TacOps4 could be used by a user to create a non AI solo play scenario where the Red force was only intended to "stand in place and die" but few have ever tried that except in their private play.

Beyond that, some games just don't catch on with regard to user created scenarios. Don't know why.

Major,

One reason why this game may not have seen too many user created scenarios may be due to the already excellent standard scenarios.

I have enjoyed the wide variety of that shipped with the CD.

...given you are now answering forum threads, I can only assume your holidays are over, and that work on V.5 has resumed smile.gif

@P.Nelson, currently getting into CEAW, but once that wears off, I'll get back into Tacops. It is the one game I always end up returning to, as it seems to present a great solo challenge.