Mod Request

I scanned this pic of Canadian Troops in Hameln Germany. It's the clearest pic I can find of the leather jerkin frequently worn by Commonwealth troops in the ETO. Would anyone care to try and mod it? I tried myself, but I suck smile.gif

jerkin.jpg

Here's another pic (from the Dragon Miniatures Box). The Bren Gunner is wearing the jerkin.

6055D.jpg

[This message has been edited by Forever Babra (edited 01-08-2001).]

Hey FB, here's a start. The leather-look seems ok but I need to change the sides to look like the front and change the rest of the fabric more to the color of the harness pouches then dirty it all up a bit.

uniformexample1.jpg

Ok these are almost done. The overlapping coat for the top leg portions won't work, as the model's knees (all soldiers) are hollow. I may try and have it go down to just below the knee caps, but I have a feeling it'll just look wrong as well (I've spent a good bit of time on the legs/coat). Also I tweaked the back portions of the chest bmp as well.

john

[This message has been edited by Tiger (edited 01-08-2001).]

Ok this is pretty much done.

uniformexample2.jpg

I really like how this came out.

Don't blame me though if you have trouble finding your troops smile.gif

cantseecanucks.jpg

you can download it and add it to your bmps to try it out:

http://www.negia.net/~jshki/Can_leathercoat_uni.zip

john

ps~ FB, that first image of yours is 1.2 megs in file size.... please, please reduce it to a smaller size, it takes forever to load on a dialup. frown.gif

[This message has been edited by Tiger (edited 01-08-2001).]