WINTER UNIFORMS PART THRICE! (that's "three" for those that didn't know)

Hey guys,

As the bar has risen in regards to uniforms in CM, my latest greatest US winter uniforms on CMHQ are no longer the current version.

I have been redoing the US uniforms including the '44 versions this time using DD's wonderful uniforms as a base. I have also used a different method in painting which left even more detail in the uniforms. I am going to send them to the CM Outpost so look for them there this coming week. I will also send them my latest Heer uniform. However I have changed the pants file, so if I have sent you a copy already, you will need to download it again when it gets posted on CM Outpost.

------------------

For your dream car click here.

For a Close Encounter click here.

Hey look! I can see my house!

Thrice = three times.

"Part Thrice" makes no sense, unless it's an instruction to part something three times. =P

Maximus wrote:

However I have changed the pants file

Cripes, I didn't realise German army shortages were so acute that they weren't even issued with trousers. Must have got a bit nippy on the Russian front.

------------------

where's the BAR? – ColonelSquirrel

Where's the Bar? This is the most important and critical question I've ever seen on a thread – Rex_Bellator

Originally posted by David Aitken:

Cripes, I didn't realise German army shortages were so acute that they weren't even issued with trousers. Must have got a bit nippy on the Russian front.

Where do you think the phrase, "It was so cold that I froze my balls off," comes from? LOL! biggrin.gif

------------------

[This message has been edited by Maximus (edited 03-11-2001).]

Maximus wrote:

"It was so cold that I froze my balls off,"

Actually, as far as I know this figure of speech is very real. Testicles are a degree (or something) cooler than normal body temperature – that's why they're kept in a bag instead of being inside where they'd be much safer – so if you freeze then your balls are first to go.

------------------

Where's the Bar? This is the most important and critical question I've ever seen on a thread – Rex_Bellator

Guest Rollstoy

Originally posted by David Aitken:

... so if you freeze then your balls are first to go.

Sorry, but that would be toes and (later) fingers. After all, climbers do have a lot of balls, but some lack their toes ...

Regards, Thomm

Climbers tend to lose their fingers and toes because these are extremities, whereas their testicles are central and benefit from a warm blood supply. Your body, when it's in real trouble temperature-wise, cuts off circulation from the extremities to conserve heat, leading to gangrene and such. It doesn't cut off blood to the testicles, as this would be self-defeating as a person with frozen reproductive organs is of no use to the species.

The fact remains that testicles are colder than the rest of the body, which admittedly may not be a serious issue to a clothed person on dry land, but in other circumstances – particularly in water – it makes itself 'felt', as it were. The issue sticks in my mind due to a reference in Pursuit: The Sinking Of The Bismarck by Ludovic Kennedy (a book which I recommend).

David

------------------

OK, here's some pics of Version 3. Again, these are based on DD's uniforms. The regular army ones look about right, but I don't know about the Airborne.

US '44 Army:

View?u=1304730&a=9683026&p=43554625&Sequence=0&res=high

US '45 Army:

View?u=1304730&a=9683026&p=43554623&Sequence=0&res=high

US '44 Airborne:

View?u=1304730&a=9683026&p=43554622&Sequence=0&res=high

US '45 Airborne:

View?u=1304730&a=9683026&p=43554620&Sequence=0&res=high

Any comments? Should I restore the Airborne pants to their original color with just a little bit of snow on the boot?

------------------

And for all you Hamster Lovers out there, check this out! Kitty, this one's for you!

Do both Max. Give us the option to use either. That would probably be the best solution.

Mord

they look great BTW.

[This message has been edited by Mord (edited 03-12-2001).]

Originally posted by Mr. Johnson-<THC>-:

Where can I find those faces? They're great.

Your uniforms look prefect release them now.

Faces are on CMHQ. They've been out for ages. I think they're the ones from FPS games or something. There's several face mods on CMHQ.

------------------

And for all you Hamster Lovers out there, check this out! Kitty, this one's for you!