TECH question - wider audience - HELP

When targeting with armor, a shadow fades in and then fades out during the "Use Main Gun" query. Is this shadow normal? I don't recall ever having noticed it before. See below for the shadow I'm talking about.

Maddmatt had necer seen this before. I'm wondering if it's a mod related thing (happens on both my mods AND OTHERS) or a video driver/card issue. I only have a 2MB video card. But again, I've never noticed this before.

View?u=1437394&a=10778010&p=40280038&Sequence=0&res=high

Guest Mikey D

I'd guess (and it's just a guess) you're working on the very edge of your video card's capabilities. I know with my (pretty good) card, the more complex the landscape map the fuzzier my buildings become.

When I first got CM, I was running it with a 4mb video card, and that was at it's limit, so I'm guessing that it is really pushing a 2mb card. I could not use most of the mods because they would slow down my system, and look blurry when viewed up close. Things such as faces and road wheels were extremely blurry up close.

Happily, not a problem now since I upgraded the card.

Do you have a voodoo 2 nesting in there too?

I had some probs with certain graphics on the demo, but managed to replace the card before the game shipped.....Time to upgrade

I've got a TNT2 ultra..good frame rate and no probs....and now CHEAP...I still want a geforce2 GTS , though :)