I Love CM.......But I Hate It When.......

We have all played battles where we know that ammo is going to be very tight for our troops. The one thing that really gets me screaming at the AI is when I have an entire platoon intact after assaulting or repelling an enemy assault and everybody is shooting at the last enemy unit with only one paniced poor bastard in it at 10 meters! We all know how quickly the boys go through the ammo at those ranges and it kills me to see them all shooting (and hitting nothing) when just one team would do! A little fire disipline would do. I can see the view that this is realistic. after all, the adrenaline level after close quarters battle is pretty hi but sometimes I would just like to see the LT get the boys to cool it!

Guest Seimerst

Yep, this aspect drives home the need for reserves or instead, you can call them "troops with no worthless targets to waste their ammo on" <grin>. Use of the "hide" command will keep some units from firing when they sould be digging in their pouches for more ammo.

Better yet. You just nailed a HT and the dismounts ran to a house 50m away and opened up on you. What do your men do? They pour round after round into the last HT crew member cowering in the street. Forget the dismounts, that guy with the pistol crying for his mother is the one to look out for.