Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

TEAM needed to compile movement table

Would anyone be willing to try testing out various units under varying conditions so that we could compile a movement/distance table? When we publish the thing, everyone who contributed will be credited. Don't you think this would be a pretty neat tool to have? Nothing elaborate, just take all foot and armour units and determine the distance it can travel in varying terrain under varying conditions. It's really a huge undertaking for just one or two people, but if, perhaps 20 or so folks got together, we could put the thing together. I've got a standard map downloaded from the CM Mapcase site that is fairly small and has about every physical feature in it you could imagine.

If anyone is interested in trying to do this, just post here or e-mail me (agua@bellsouth.net), and I'll see about assigning groups of units.

Thanks all,

Agua

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Agua:

Would anyone be willing to try testing out various units under varying conditions so that we could compile a movement/distance table? When we publish the thing, everyone who contributed will be credited. Don't you think this would be a pretty neat tool to have? Nothing elaborate, just take all foot and armour units and determine the distance it can travel in varying terrain under varying conditions. It's really a huge undertaking for just one or two people, but if, perhaps 20 or so folks got together, we could put the thing together. I've got a standard map downloaded from the CM Mapcase site that is fairly small and has about every physical feature in it you could imagine.

If anyone is interested in trying to do this, just post here or e-mail me (agua@bellsouth.net), and I'll see about assigning groups of units.

Thanks all,

Agua<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi

It might take less time to search this board for that info.

I think I have seem some "research" posted some time ago that listed some of the times and distances you are trying to determine.

I'm not sure what key word I would use to search.

anyone else remember seeing this info posted here a long time ago?

-tom w

Thanks Tom, but I've done searches with "movement + distance", "movement + travel", "time + travel", "unit + distance", "unit + movement", "movement + minute", "travel + minute", and though probably two hundred threads have come up, I haven't found it yet.