Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Got a good scenario for TCP/IP?

I've recently gotten the TCP/IP bug. What I'm looking for is some recommendations for good interesting scenarios that fit the live style of play. You know, no more than 20 turns or so, plus few enough units so that I don't get frazzled trying to count units with a 10 minute timer clicking down. Especially when I'm having a few pops...

I just played Wild Bill's "Aachen" scenario, which worked very well for a one evening game. I would also consider a scenario that can't be completed in one sitting, but works out so the units can be managed quicly. There are so many scenarios available out there, but most are lengthy and complex. I need to find some which are a good "shoot 'em up" in a single sitting (at most two sittings).

Do you have any suggestions? Thanks for your help!

Jake

[ 07-17-2001: Message edited by: Lawyer ]

Ask someone to design a MQB (Modified Quick Battle) for you and your opponent. The designer will 1. create a random map via the editor 2. "brush-up" the map to help eliminate geographic inconsistencies (e.g. a pond on the slope of a hill) 3. select relatively equal and historically probable units for both sides 4. after generating passwords, play the first turn - doing nothing 5. send the game to both of you with the corresponding passwords. (Ignore step 4 and the passwords if both players want to play the scenario immediately.)

If the designer who does this for you has any talent at all creating such MQBs, you will find the gaming experience most unique (especially if the designer adds a little story to accompany the MQB) and exceptionally entertaining.

If you do a search on this board, I think you will find other references to Modified Quick Battles. Good luck.

Squad Leader conversions seem to work out well for these; try out Medal of Honor from my CANUCK site below (its at the bottom of the scenarios page). Handicap the better player by allowing him to defend. I haven't IPed this one, just PBEM, but it is small and easy to manage, and seems pretty well balanced.

Climax at Nijmegen Bridge, right beside Medal of Honor on my site, is also a nice company sized battle.

[ 07-17-2001: Message edited by: Michael Dorosh ]

You could try my airborne scenario (only 2-3 platoons per side)... the allies are a little outgunned, but that's nothing a little handicap (+25% Allies- though you might try it single player first to figure out if you need it or not) wouldn't take care of. It's 30 turns, but plays pretty fast.

If you want it just post you email addy here and I'll send it off to ya ;)

Take Care,

Jaldaen

There is one simply called "Meeting". Equal forces, no flags. Meet at crossroads. I think it's 40 turns, but that's pretty much about a 3.5 hour game (unless you try to play it like pbem). If you don't have it, I'll send it to you if ya want it.