All the bugs you hear about

I orderd the game last night, i have been hooked on the demo for a long time and diceded to order it, but i've been wondering, do all these bugs affect how fun the game is, or are they just miner game flaws??

------------------

He who conquers the past, cammands the future, he who cammands the future, conquers the past.

CM is bug-free. Grogs like to nitpick, that's all. biggrin.gif

Do yourself a favour: BUY this Game!!!

[and delete all other games from your hard disk, you won't be needing them any more...]

The more you play, the better you become, and the more you respect the principles behind land tactical combat and the simplicity of the CM model. IMO.

------------------

My squads are regular, must be the fibre in the musli...

I've been on this board for months, and many of the bugs that were reported initially have been fixed. BTS released a patch the day the game was released (imagine that! You don't see that often), and they patched a couple more things since but nothing earth-shattering, they did a great job from the start.

Then there is another big category of "bugs", those where the player doesn't like the fact that the AI does this or that, or that their troops don't do exactly what they tell them to, or that their troops aren't smart enough to disobey their commands sometimes.

But those aren't bugs, in my book.

CM is the most bug-free game I've ever seen.

BTW I don't work for BTS, nor will I ever work for them, I like CM for what it is, a great computer game that reminds me of ASL, with some realism added.

Sincerely,

Pat.

[This message has been edited by patboivin (edited 10-29-2000).]

About the only true bugs that appear to remain are a problem with the scores in operations, a potential problem with calculating hull-down positions, and an itermitent problem with spotting ambush markers. Also, BTS themselves have called the off-road speed of wheeled vehicles a bug.

Presumable these will all be addressed in 1.06, though BTS has not confirmed what they are working on for 1.06 other than TCP/IP and wheeled off-road speeds.

------------------

USGrant

When the game is over, the kings and pawns go in the same box. - Old Italian Saying

Well I see this bug ever once in a while where I lose. Sometimes to an opponent that I've played and beaten, and once in a while to an opponent I've never played. But it's really irritating to me, to have to lose when I know full well I should win. smile.gifsmile.gif

------------------

"Wer zuerst schiesst hat mehr von Leben"

Moto-(3./JG11 "Graf")

Bruno Weiss