Three Demos?

You can correct me if I'm wrong (please?), but unless the tcp/ip networking code is included before the program goes gold, we won't have a chance to evaluate this portion of the game prior to purchase.

Unless of course *another* demo is released when the tcp/ip code is finished.

Tom

What we are using now is the Beta demo, Thomas. When the game goes gold, BTS will be releasing a Gold demo, so to speak. Thus, there is a chance that you will be able to test out the tcp/ip functionality prior to purchase. Even Gold demos are rarely fully functional (they have to give you a reason to buy the game, after all), though, so the real question is whether BTS will include the tcp/ip feature in the Gold demo.

------------------

Zackary

Zackary-

Per previous discussions, tcp/ip will not be ready by the time everything else is ready to ship. The overwhelming opinion of a little survey that Fionn did here fht BTS said "Ship ASAP." Unless another decision is made I'm pretty sure that tcpip will not in the release OR the final demo, which will be created from the code in the release.

My $.02.

Hey guy's

Before christmas there was a vote, requested by BTS, on wheter to ship with or without TCP/IP. The vote was heavy in favour of shipping without TCP/IP. BTS has promised to (correct me if ...) make TCP/IP happen as fast as possible after the initial shipping and make it availible in a downloadable patch. So I guess the short of it is that TCP/IP will not be in the gold demo.

Cheers and happy millenium smile.gif

Frans

------------------

If you can't join'em beat'em.

I'm well aware that the overwhelming sentiment is 'Ship now' if implementing tcp/ip means a delay. I don't have a problem with this. I'm also aware that what we (and I)have been playing with since October 28th is the beta demo. Again, no problem. My question (Steve?) is will I get a chance to assess tcp/ip prior to a prospective purchase?

Tom