To BTS, the Gang and Madmatt

If we as a collective group want to see BTS succeed then gang we need to organize. We need a website where someone has the time to have the following. A registry of players. The registry should include the following:

A- Name of the player

B- Players Username

C- Email address

D- ICQ number

E- Country of Origin

F- Preferences as a player (axis, allies etc.etc.)

The registry can be kept in excel format. I volunteer to keep the registry up to date. All that has to be done is for someone to provide the space on his or her site. As I update the file, I will email it to the webmaster. I also read somewhere that over 2000 downloads have occurred for the CM demo. That is nowhere near enough. If there are 2000 of us then how about those 2000 trying for 1 week to get three new players to download the demo? We have about 2 weeks before the game comes out. Somehow we all need to be proactive, regressive and unrelenting to get the word out. Everyone’s opinion both positive and negative is welcome. If we get a website and you want registor ny email address is joev@frontiernet.net

sniperscope

Guest Madmatt

This info is already all included in the New Combat Mission Ladder System to be unveiled probably tomorrow!

There may be a need to maintain this info OUTSIDE of a ladder systen too but lets see how the Ladder goes first.

Madmatt

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

CMHQ-Annex, The Alternative side of Combat Mission

Combat Mission HQ

CMHQ-Annex

Proud members of the Combat Mission WebRing

[This message has been edited by Madmatt (edited 06-03-2000).]

Guest Germanboy

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sniperscope:

I also read somewhere that over 2000 downloads have occurred for the CM demo. That is nowhere near enough. If there are 2000 of us then how about those 2000 trying for 1 week to get three new players to download the demo? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

There are by now about 14,000 DLs (10,000 PC, 4,000 Mac) at Download.com, another 900 (mac only) at versiontracker.com. tucows.com and happypuppy.com do not publish the number of DLs. CM is also featured on various other sites, e.g. games.de with no info on DLs. So the 2,000 figure seems a bit, shall we say, outdated...

------------------

Andreas

It is amazing what you can learn from a good book...

The registry can be kept in excel format.

Oh no, the registry should be in a format that anybody can read, preferably in plain ASCII text. I for one don't want to spend my time trying to find a machine with installed Excel when it would be easy to just open the registry in a text-editor or alternatively a html browser. (I use Windows only for gaming and I'm not interested in paying some hundreds of dollars just to get Office tools that I wouldn't use in any case).

- Tommi

I can set up the ladder to generate a player registry in a printer friendly version that is accessible from any webbrowser. (If people want this...)

Also - is country of origin something that people want listed in the player info for the ladder? I can add it in about half a jif.

- Bill

Guest grunto

save the excel file in .csv... that's comma-delimited text... that should be satisfactory to everyone.

andy

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by billcarey:

Also - is country of origin something that people want listed in the player info for the ladder? I can add it in about half a jif.

- Bill<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, Bill, this would indeed be handy. People may want to pick players that are awake at least some of the same hours that they are awake. It doesn't matter much when PBEMming, but this could be important in TCP/IP games I think.

------------------

Combat Axiom 46. Do unto others, before they do unto you.

Guest Madmatt

Be patient Londoner! Once the Ladder is annouced you will see. It's handled for you, you just fill in the fields and we take care of the rest... wink.gif

Madmatt

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

CMHQ-Annex, The Alternative side of Combat Mission

Combat Mission HQ

CMHQ-Annex

Proud members of the Combat Mission WebRing