News update on my CM web page(Combat1)

Guest Rob/1

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rob/1:

I know about the jeg thanks. Do you know of any good providers for HTML the onw I am useing is not vere good.

Rob

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm not sure I understand this clearly. The ISP you use shouldn't have anything to do with the HTML you put up for public viewing(beyond storing it on thier servers, that is). The page loaded fine(pretty quick, and I think that @home is pretty close to the backbone so it shouldn't be causing you any problems).

How is your provider giving you problems?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Pham911:

Ditto here with the image.

In the source code the image tag is set as img SRC="cm%20eter.jpg", which looks wrong, as a % isn't a valid filename character.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The %20 is a space holder since a space in the URL isn't legal under most circumstances. It could be that Rob/1 pulled the pic from some other website in which case the file would have the %20 in place ofthe space. Saving the file would end up with the %20 added to it when he saved it. In addition, he would have to have the the file in the \combat1 directory.

Rob/1, try removing the %20 and put the space back in your code. If the file name has a %20 in it, then remove that too... For safety, you might rename the file and put a hyphen or an underscore in it... and make sure that it is in fact in the right directory. If it's in an \images dir (for instance) under the \combat1, then you should be pointing to \image\<file name here>...

Hope this helps... hope it makes sense...

[This message has been edited by Compassion (edited 09-24-2000).]