Couple Questions

rich12545

Took advantage of the dd sale and finally got the tacops package. Been thinking about it for a while. Here're some questions and a suggestion.

I run windows at 1280x1024, my monitor's native resolution. This is good because I can see a large portion of the map and the detail is sharp and clear. But the type at the bottom is small. Is there a way to increase font size?

Is there a way to slow unit movement in the combat phase? (already found the adjustment to slow combat)

Is there a way to view the combat phase more than once?

An idea for the next patch: Have tool tips for units. So if you simply put the mouse on the unit it will show the same info at the bottom as if you clicked on it. Good on the game map and setup box.

>I run windows at 1280x1024, my monitor's native resolution. This is good

>because I can see a large portion of the map and the detail is sharp and

>clear. But the type at the bottom is small. Is there a way to increase

>font size?

Not at present but it is on the wish list. I have taken a couple of quick passes over the years at making font size user variable but I couldn't correct the many unwanted ripples into other areas of the user interrace in the amount of time that I was willing to devote to it.

>Is there a way to slow unit movement in the combat phase? (already found

>the adjustment to slow combat)

No. Most people compain that the portrayal of movement is too slow and want an option to speed it up. It is likely that after you have played a bit more that you will come to share that perception.

>Is there a way to view the combat phase more than once?

Only by restarting the game and then loading the most recent auto save file.

>An idea for the next patch: Have tool tips for units. So if you simply put

>the mouse on the unit it will show the same info at the bottom as if you

>clicked on it. Good on the game map and setup box.

I gave that a try some years ago and it slowed down the user interface and thus game play significantly. Constantly checking the current mouse position against the position of every enemy and friendly unit eats up a lot of CPU cycles.

Bigger monitor? I just bought this one a couple weeks ago. It's 19 inch and basically I like it just fine. I'm starting to understand the combat graphics and sounds so am not as concerned about the font size anymore. Or the movement speed.

There might be a miscommunication on the tool tips. Why does the program have to constantly check the current mouse position against the position of every unit? Seems like there would be a way to activate the tip when the pointer is on a unit pretty easily since many other games use this without a problem. The new Empire Deluxe is an example. There could easily be more than a thousand units on the map but having tool tips doesn't slow anything down. And they are very helpful. Just a suggestion. Basically I'm liking the game very much.