No brainer question regarding MODS

Apologies for asking such a silly question regarding MODS, but they are new to me.

I am playing PBEM games at the moment, so my collegues I am fighting need to have the same MODS as me to be able to play and can I place the MODS into the games I am already playing?

ANy advice on MODS and their use, installation etc will be gratefully recieved.

Graham

When you install mods they take effect immediately, although I am not sure if you need to reboot CM for some of them. They are only graphics files, so they do not affect gameplay. When you play against another player each of you sees the game with the mods each has installed. You may have all the winter mods installed while your opponent doesn't. You will see the winter camo while your opponent won't.

[This message has been edited by Pvt. Ryan (edited 09-22-2000).]

You can freely add any graphics and sound mods to your system without worrying about PBEM games or other saved games.

They only affect what you see and hear on your computer so while your opponent may not be seeing the same Tiger I texture, for example, it really doesn't matter as everything about the way the game plays remains unchanged.

If you've found that you have installed some mods that don't look/sound as good as the originals, you can just copy the old ones from the CD (BMP or WAV folder) again without re-installing.

Right.

They're not mods in the sense of mods for other games. Just think of them as graphical and audio enhancements. They don't change gameplay at all, and a camoflauged Panzer isn't spotted any easier or harder than a factory paint job one. It just looks cooler.

They won't affect currently played games.