Cannot download scenarios please help

Guest Shatter50

Guest Shatter50

Ya its Shatter again with more questions.

I have tried reading and searching the process to download a scenario. Can anyone tell me how it is done.

Look on the bright side soon all my questions will be gone and I won't be a newbie anymore. biggrin.gif

Once you have the file downloaded (and unzipped, if it was zipped), copy the ".cmb" file to the Scenarios directory. Ditto for operations, but they have a file extension of ".cmc". That's it!

------------------

"Belly to belly and everything's better" - Russian proverb ;)

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Shatter50:

Ya its Shatter again with more questions.

I have tried reading and searching the process to download a scenario. Can anyone tell me how it is done.

Look on the bright side soon all my questions will be gone and I won't be a newbie anymore. biggrin.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Er, Shatter, people will probably need more info. Where are you trying to download from? Or are you asking where's the best place to download scenarios. Otherwise, download a scenario from a site like CMHQ, and place it in your Scenario folder. People need more to work with though, I'm after thinking, on your question. What OS are you using, Mac or Windows? The download process would be basically the same, but anyone giving you advise would use different terminology.

------------------

After witnessing exceptional bravery from his Celtic mercenaries, Alexander the Great called them to him and asked if there was anything they feared. They told him nothing, except that the sky might fall on their heads.

Guest Shatter50

Originally posted by Seanachai:

Er, Shatter, people will probably need more info. Where are you trying to download from? Or are you asking where's the best place to download scenarios. Otherwise, download a scenario from a site like CMHQ, and place it in your Scenario folder. People need more to work with though, I'm after thinking, on your question. What OS are you using, Mac or Windows? The download process would be basically the same, but anyone giving you advise would use different terminology.

Well I am using OS windows downloading from CMHQ scenario depot. I also noticed scenarios have version number must the version # be the same as me version # because there are a lot of cool scenarios I want to download (Private Ryan, Normandy, and other). I hope version do no have to be same as I downloaded the newest patch earlier today.

Guest Shatter50

Come on guys I need some help I sittin here waiting for a reply. I want to try out some new scenarios.

I tried again it downloaded and all of a sudden with out doing anything my replayer starts up with some sort of error listed

[This message has been edited by Shatter50 (edited 08-29-2000).]

Guest Shatter50

Can't Download scenarios

Well I am using OS windows downloading from CMHQ scenario depot. I also noticed scenarios have version number must the version # be the same as me version # because there are a lot of cool scenarios I want to download (Private Ryan, Normandy, and other). I hope version do no have to be same as I downloaded the newest patch earlier today.

Come on I know someone has an answer

Guest Shatter50

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Von Brizee:

Unzip them and put them in the Scenarios folder. THats all I can say really<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

How do you unzip a file.

Here are the exact steps I take

1. First download icon screen come up save to disk or save from current location.

2. Click to start download.

3. Download completes window pops up and OPEN or OPEN FOLDER or CANCEL click either folder options start the realplayer and some sort of download in realplayer starts got throuth that then nothing. What program are you ziping and unziping programs with.

What steps am I screwing up HELP I AM GOING MAD

Guest Shatter50

Still need help I'm not going away till I get a stinking scenario downloaded sorry kinda thickheaded

Are you using winzip if thats the case instead of scenario going to winzip the scenario goes to realplayer how do I stop this I need help PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE I wanna play NORMANDY before bedtime.

Guest Shatter50

HURRAY COOL YAAAA THERE IS A GOD

Thanks everyone for all the help I finally got it. Downloading like crazy ya. If I would of spent half the time I was whinning working on the problem I would have been done hours ago

THANKS AGAIN