Question regarding gun damage and AI for someone in the know.

Deuce

In a recent QB one of my Shermans (a regular)rounded a hill to find a StuG on the other side. The Sherman fired from about 300m and missed. By now the Stug had rotated and fired on the Sherman, disabling the gun. The Sherman then sat there while the StuG fired and missed twice, the third shot brewed it up. I have observed similar occurances several times.

The question is does the TacAI take the status of the tank into account when making choices? If it does (and I hope it would) why didn't that Sherman realize that it wasn't doing itself anygood sitting there and being shot at when it could not fight back?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Deuce:

In a recent QB one of my Shermans (a regular)rounded a hill to find a StuG on the other side. The Sherman fired from about 300m and missed. By now the Stug had rotated and fired on the Sherman, disabling the gun. The Sherman then sat there while the StuG fired and missed twice, the third shot brewed it up. I have observed similar occurances several times.

The question is does the TacAI take the status of the tank into account when making choices? If it does (and I hope it would) why didn't that Sherman realize that it wasn't doing itself anygood sitting there and being shot at when it could not fight back? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Do you remember if the crew was shocked? I've found out that my tanks back up usually after taking a gun hit and they hardly move towards the enemy on subsequent turns if acting under hunt orders.