Embarked vehicles cant be positioned during setup?

I'm not sure what you mean. I just booted CM up and started a QB and I could use "move" or "place" commands on my Shermans with infantry embarked on them.

------------------

No, there will be no sequels. Charles and Steve have given up wargame design in disgust and have gone off to Jamaica to invest their new-found wealth in the drug trade. -Michael emrys

I just booted up Singling. The blue base shermans platoon has inf embarked already. There is one blue base sherman without an embarked infantry. I can move/place the one without inf but I get the windows error sound bite with the others. I can rotate the tank, button up but cant place or move them. Its like they are orange?

Am I making sense?

Lewis

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by :USERNAME::

I just booted up (snip). The blue base shermans platoon has inf embarked already. There is one blue base sherman without an embarked infantry. I can move/place the one without inf but I get the windows error sound bite with the others. I can rotate the tank, button up but cant place or move them. Its like they are orange?

Am I making sense?

Lewis<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's because the infantry on them are locked. I just checked in the scenario editor (I already played [the scenario in question]). If the tanks were locked but not the infantry the tanks would have orange bases and you could remove the guys.

(edited to remove spoiler information)

[This message has been edited by chrisl (edited 09-17-2000).]

Spoiler?

Get real. The game is not playable as the germans defending. Its a showcase for bad AI attacking. So the only value in this scenario is as the US and so what, theres embarked inf and shermans. Surprise!!!shermans. Funny seeing them in a US scenario.

I am beggining to think that the game should have initial attack options for the AI attacker. It would be given a choice of already setup and ordered first turns by Fionn or somebody. Thius would give the game a good starting point to work from.

Lewis

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by :USERNAME::

Get real. The game is not playable as the germans defending. Its a showcase for bad AI attacking. So the only value in this scenario is as the US and so what, theres embarked inf and shermans. Surprise!!!shermans. Funny seeing them in a US scenario.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The scenario may not be playable as Germans defending against the AI, but it is playable as Germans defending against a live human (unless you're the amis maybe). Although say that a scenario with americans has infantry embarked on shermans isn't much of a spoiler (especially given the title).

Well reading history is a spoiler too.

The scenario is based on a historical account. Perhaps everyone has to stop reading history to play CM. Oh sure, the "spoilage nazis" will soon have us in our basements with tape over our eyes and ears too..see no evil , hear no evil..hooohooohooo (monkey impression)

HEY EVERYONE THERES A TIGER IN VILLERS BOCAGE!!!!!!!!

Lewis

PS I am an anti-established member and proud of it. I think by your making such a big deal out of this that it became real spoiler.