As if I wasn't Busy Enough Already! Friday CMHQ Update with News of a New CM SITE!!!!

Guest Madmatt

Guest Madmatt

CMHQ is our last chance....

No....There is another....

That's right now I will have TWICE the oppertunity to piss you people off! Or you can be twice the sycophant, YOU DECIDE! Whatever you do, the news is out, there will be another Madmatt screwed...errr run CM website!! It's name is Combat Mission HQ Annex and its a sister site to CMHQ with all new sections and many advanced features that will make your visit more enjoyable. Also many of you will be happy to hear that (at least for now) there won't be any ad banners on it! This is no replacement for CMHQ but it has the ability to compliment and expand upon what we do there. One of the cool features that it has is in its powerful news script. I can set it up so that ANYONE (well people that I approve anyway) can post news when they see it and it will immediately update the whole news page! Some very cool stuff there and the site will have its grand opening in the next few days. Some of you already know the location and thats cool, but I won't be releasing the URL until she is all ready.

We also have a gut busting picture from Max Molinaro as well your daily offering of POTD in our normal CMHQ update.

So head on over, read the full announcement about CMHQA and enjoy yourselves.. .Its all good!

Madmatt

cool.gif

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

combathq.thegamers.net

Guest Ol' Blood & Guts

I hate to say this, but isn't that one of SS_PanzerLeader's favorite TDs? biggrin.gif

WHAT! That's what an "unidentified" TD looks like? When did they add textures to unidentified vehicles?

[This message has been edited by Ol' Blood & Guts (edited 04-21-2000).]

That's my Hellcat texture! wink.gif

Slightly modified with some extra stars biggrin.gif

------------------

CCJ

aka BLITZ_Force

My Hompage ----> http://www.geocities.com/coolcolj

Double your immersion with my Tweaked Textures and Saving Private Ryan sound set mods for CM!! Check out my new Textures V2.0 photo Gallery and my music while your there, or grab a CM Wallpaper! tongue.gif

[This message has been edited by CoolColJ (edited 04-21-2000).]

Guest Madmatt

That is the Hellcat texture but it also does double duty as a Generic Tank Destroyer model.

In this particular instance the Germans knew that was a tank destroyer just not which one. CM shows this as a hellcat model but if you were to target this unit it would say ?Tank Destroyer.

The same can apply to a Panther for instance. You may know its a medium german tank and a Panther Texture would be shown but until you knew which model it was it would stay the default Panther texture. Once positive ID was made the texture would switch to the right version (or not at all if it IS that same model Panther).

You must remember that their are like 5 or 6 levels of spotting in CM. All the way from just a obscure SOUND CONTACT to knowing the enemies mothers blood type. You only get that drab gray textureless model when you dont know much more than a unit is a TANK for instance.

It will make more sense once you see for yourselves... wink.gif

Madmatt

[This message has been edited by Madmatt (edited 04-21-2000).]