Cha-Ching!!!!!

Don't be so sure sniperscope. It was already supposed to have got here.

Capt Miller, put a round in the chamber for me too. A Pre-order with 6/15 CC charge, and no CM today for me either. Waiting for e-mail from BTS, but nothing for 24 hours, just another mailbox to check smile.gif. BTS is probably flooded with e-mail from folks who ordered after release, so I put PRE-ORDER in subject of e-mail to attempt to catch attention in the sea of messages. No go. Maybe Steve will respond by tomorrow after the Tuesday deadline he set for pre-orders has passed.

Definately suspect something wrong now if June 22 Thursday was last day pre-orders shipped. My luck I was on the last day. Of course, that is assuming my pre-order was shipped by the fulfillment house and not lost. Not having an e-mail confirmation is maddening after such a long wait. Thank goodness my CC has an online balance list so I can confirm it was BATTLE FRONT COM that charged my card on 6/15. Without that, I would assume now that I had only dreamed of pre-ordering CM!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>I remember reading somewhere that it takes 4 days for BTS answer back on e-mails.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I hope not. 4 days may be the norm, but I think Steve should be giving priority to the PRE-ORDER issues as BTS waits for restock. I can only hope that Steve understands that the unlucky non-delivered pre-order folks have now been waiting for awhile and the deadline BTS has set for final pre-order deliveries has arrived.

Those of us PRE-ORDERS who are e-mailing are doing so upon BTS's request now, to resolve any problems that may have occurred. Waiting another 4 days for an e-mail response for PRE-ORDER status after the deadline would be very unreasonable, in my opinion. I would suggest all pre-order folks to use PRE-ORDER in e-mail subject lines so they can be quickly spotted in the mountain of e-mail BTS must be contending with.

I still suspect fulfillment house problems, not USPS delay, but I definately could be wrong, as is so often the case. This may be the few USPS screw ups that are now being experienced. Who knows? I still would like to know as soon as possible (now that Tuesday has arrived) if my order was shipped at all and on what date.

kump/cpt miller,

Just for reference, I ordered my copy of CM on Monday 6/19 (CC charged the same day). It was postmarked 6/21 and arrived Saturday 6/24...

I think you'll have to bring this to the attention of the USPS and see if they can't track it down for you. Good luck w/ that.

On a side note BTS - $8 for shipping and handling? USPS priorty is $3 so $5 for "handling"? I think some of that $$ should have gone to tracking (I think USPS will track priority for a slight additional charge). At least some of these poor folks who pre-ordered would know what happened to their order.

Utterly awesome game BTW - PC game of the year material!

Sakman

Gentlemen,

i believe waiting for our pre-ordered CMs to arrive is like a story my momma told me about being pregnant; the pain just before the arrival seems unbearable, but once it arrives all is fogotten in the joy of happiest.

just my 2 cents worth

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> believe waiting for our pre-ordered CMs to arrive is like a story my momma told me about being pregnant; the pain just before the arrival seems unbearable, but once it arrives all is fogotten in the joy of happiest.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That is most definately true, but in this case the doctors are most worried because of the late birth. However, this is assuming that we are talking pregnancy here, for the egg may never have been fertilized (fulfillment house) and what you thought was being pregnant is an overweight issue. And once we find the pregnancy was not real, we find to our horror that the sperm bank is empty (CM soldout)!

Sorry, couldn't resist smile.gif

I was ready to load up my pistol today, too. However, Steve was able to determine that my copy had been shipped to the billing address. That is unfortunate, as my copy was a gift from my brother, who lived in Arizona. More unfortunately, he had moved since placing the order! Luckily his forwarding order was still valid, and it arrived at his new house today (northern California). So my baby is at her uncle's house, and she is coming home soon. More waiting, but at least now I know she is safe. Sorry, Peng, I'm too happy to hold it in - smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

Capt., you should always keep a round loaded in the chamber so that you're always ready. smile.gif Besides, the sound of you chambering that round might scare off the postman! biggrin.gif I hope you don't lead your CM infantry into combat with empty chambers(like some of our recent peacekeeping debacles) rolleyes.gif.

Locked and loaded 24 hours a day!

[This message has been edited by BorderBill (edited 06-28-2000).]