Mac User HELP!

First, Thanks for keeping the Mac community involved. Ssecond, GREAT ideas for this game(CM).

G3 266 OS 9

Voodoo2

60 sec is not enough time to try a demo. Urrghh!!!

During those 60 sec, Ill click on a soldier then click enemy. Nothing happens. tried clicking T then enemy, Nothing!..

Then Ive to click "Done" again. How can I get the jist of this game?

Click a soldier and those waypoint lines get very distracting.

Also those super long instructions for this short frown.gif demo really stinks too.

I'd rather play MS Close Combat over and over...

Constructive Crit ! smile.gif

Rickie:

There are over 44,000 posts to this forum with only an early beta version available should tell you something about what we who are avidly playing the are experiencing.

macusers (since 1985 for me) have a built in distrust of instructions. We tend to point and click to figure it out. I had a bit of the same experience as you describe. Go back and carefully read the Movement section of the instructions. Once you have units set up (by hiiting GO) you select a unit, then hit the space key. That will give menu for orders, use the cursor to indicate from where to where. Remeber it is a turn based game. Give your units orders for that turn, hit go, watch the result and do the same for next turn. A little careful readiing and experimentation will reveal a world of wargaming that makes CC pale in comparison.

Good luck

John

This actually happened to one 30some year wargaming veteran who is a tester for CM.

When he first got CM he complained that nothing ever happened and that his game seemed broken wink.gif.

Of course, he, like you, wasn't issuing any orders and that's why nothing happened.

here's what you have to do.

Left click on the unit to select it. Then right click and you'll bring up a context-sensitive menu of orders. Simply move down and left-click on the one you want to issue.

If ur mac only has one mouse button then I'd suggest using the HOTKEY button at the bottom of the screen and taking down all the hotkeys. I play using the hotkeys exclusively since it is much quicker.

Hope that helps.

Guest Germanboy

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Fionn:

If ur mac only has one mouse button then I'd suggest using the HOTKEY button.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You can also just keep the button pressed a bit longer, not just click, and that brings up the menu, too.

Good to see another Macuser. And BTW, this game is better than CC 2. I have that as well, and tossed it away as soon as I figured out how to actually do something in this game.

Happy hunting smile.gif

------------------

Andreas

Once you figure out the orders phase you'll see how intuitive this game plays. I've got the 233 DT Mac w/out a video card but 6mb of vram and the game plays great but will certainly look into upgrading to a video card.

I'm an avid CC3/4 fan (plays great on VPC), but it doesn't compare to CM when it comes to realism and the level of control you have in the order phase. Being able to view at multiple levels is also an incredible experience especially when you see a tank come over a hilltop and starts aiming at you. That CM is not in RT may be an initial disappointment when you first try it out but after you get into a game especially against a human opponent this simultaneous turn phase system has plenty of merits.

Patrick

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Berlichtingen:

Its not the "Macintosh Way!" Manuals are for PC users<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ain't that the truth. I have always felt that if I couldn't figure it out, it wasn't worth getting. cool.gif Manuals were for weanies and pc's [duck here at brickbats] as a dyed in the wool Mac person manuals were "okay" after about one year after purchase, or to brace up a book at lunch! biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by jdmorse (edited 05-08-2000).]

Hey, I happen to like manuals (PC owner over here). gives you something to touch and stuff. In 'the olden days' they used to come with historical overviews, articles, stats and photograps. Don't see that much lately.

Only things you need to touch, as far as computers are concerned anyway, (Mac user here) are the mouse and the keyboard.

------------------

I'm drinkin' wine, I'm eatin' cheese and catching some rays, you know. — Oddball

[This message has been edited by Moriarty (edited 05-09-2000).]