Resolution?

-E

What is the maximum resolution that CM will support? I just picked up a Voodoo 4500, and diligently deleted my prefs file, only to find CM wouldn't try a resolution higher than 800x600 on my system... is it my system or is that the highest? (obviously I'm running it on a PC *grin*)

CM defaults to the desktop resolution. If you want 1024x768 or higher, set your desktop to that resolution, delete the CM preferences file, restart the game, and it'll ask you if you want that or something lower.

------------------

"Wer zuerst schiesst hat mehr von Leben"

Moto-(3./JG11 "Graf")

Bruno "Stachel" Weiss

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by -E:

Thanks, that works. Too bad it won't stay at a higher resolution if I subsequently reset my desktop. *sigh* (I like games at higher res, my eyes want every-day text at lower res *grin*)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It will if you use an old shareware program called QRES. QRES allows you to set the display properties for each program independent of the desktop setting. When I load CM, the monitor changes resolution to my CM setting 1280 X 1024 and then switches back to my desktop's 1024 X 768 when I exit.

Do a search in the technical forum for the URL for this program. The only side effect I have seen is that I can no longer task-switch if I'm running CM in a higher resolution than my desktop--it terminates when I switch to a lower resolution application or the desktop. No more background downloads while I play CM, but it seems a worthwhile tradeoff for ultra-high display resolutions in the game!

Jim