Newbie Question

A couple weeks back Wild Bill made a reference to this game over on the SP:WAW message board. I downloaded the demo, and to make a long story short, I have a new favorite game.

Now since I am new, I have several questions about the game that I am sure is common knowledge to everyone who has been hanging out here, but I cant seem to find the answers.

Mainly, is there going to be an Eastern Front version of the game? How about North Africa? What about Fall Gelb?

Secondly, are there going to be any more addons for this version? Granted its very complete, but is this the final version?

And finally, whats the best user created scenario available for download right now?

If you can point me to a previous thread or just plain answer my questions I would be much obliged.

Jagdpanther

The answers to your questions are Yes

CM2 will be about the Eastern Front (Roll on T34's) As to North Africa its speculation atm but I believe CM3 may be set in that region.

As to add-on's the answer is again Yes - as BTS (Big Time Software) is doing TCP/IP patch for the game and as to new vehicle models - well who knows.

Lastly - the best scenario - I cannot help you there as it all comes down to personal choice though I like Wild Bills Scenario's.

Hope this helps.

Craig

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jagdpanther:

Mainly, is there going to be an Eastern Front version of the game? How about North Africa? What about Fall Gelb? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, its called CM2. If you use there search engine you can find discussions on their plan for CM2 to CM5

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>

Secondly, are there going to be any more addons for this version? Granted its very complete, but is this the final version?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

There are custom graphic mods at CM HQ (http://combathq.thegamers.net). There are also several sites that are housing custom made scenario and operations.

And finally, whats the best user created scenario available for download right now?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hard to say, there are so many good ones. CMHQ scenario depot does allow users to rate them, so that will give you one indication.

If you can point me to a previous thread or just plain answer my questions I would be much obliged.

Jagdpanther<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The search function is a very usefull function that will probably get you more indepth information.

[This message has been edited by MERC (edited 08-08-2000).]

Hey, Jagdpanther. Well im not really a "veteran" of these boards, but I can answer some of your questions:

1.) Yes I believe CM2 will be based on the Eastern Front.

2.) Other then patches, I do not think there will be any official addons, but there are many personal addons made by many talented people. Mainly MadMatts addons. Head to http://combathq.thegamers.net for the addons

3.) I dont think there IS a best scenario, just depends on the individual. Thats like asking whats the best vehicle in CM? There is none, they all success in there own ways. (Although we all know the best vehicle in CM is the Kubelwagon!) Although I know some popular ones, but dont know the exact names:

Something Romelle: A re-enactment of the final battle in Saving Private Ryan

Something Normandy: A re-enactment of the beach landing in Normandy.

There are countless others that can also be found at the link i gave earlier.

Hope that helps smile.gif

------------------

¤§ïѤ

[This message has been edited by OsinO (edited 08-08-2000).]

Guest Michael emrys

...is there going to be an Eastern Front version of the game? How about North Africa? What about Fall Gelb?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

So far as I know (careful qualification there), the coming line-up looks like this:

CM2: East Front 1941-45.

CM3: The Early War Years 1939-43; Poland, France, North Africa, Italy. I don't know what the plans are for covering the Winter War 1939-40 or for Norway.

BTS has so far ruled out the Pacific Theater. No announced plans for expanding the system into, say, the Korean War or anything else.

Michael

Guest Germanboy

Is there a timeframe on any of the new versions?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The same as for CM I would assume: When they are ready.

I am not pulling your leg, go back to some of the clamouring for a pre-New Year's release on the board last year.

Welcome to the board.

------------------

Andreas