Computer inquiry

I may be purchasing a laptop computer soon, and as you may know, they come with pathetic video cards (as little as 8 megs of ram.) Though the processor will be fairly fast 600+ MHZ, I am concerned that CM will run poorly on them due to a bottleneck in the video card. Are my fears justified?

Josh

The latest Powerbook G3's have (AFAIK) the best video card available cheaply. The 8MB Rage 128 card is pretty nice. Also coupled with a 500mhz G3 processor you have a pretty sweet CM machine.

------------------

And if we abandon any platform, I can assure you it will not be the Macintosh.

-Steve

My website!

I run CM on a Dell Inspiron 3700 notebook. Celeron 433, 96mb ram, 8mb ATI Mobility video card. The game runs fine on small to medium-size battles in 1024x768, and hiccups some on the big stuff. Where you're really going to miss out is on translucence and texture detail. If I had my druthers, I'd get a nice fast desktop with a spiffy new GeForce2 and oodles of ram, but yes, to answer your question, the game does run satisfactorarily on a laptop.

------------------

Soy super bien, soy super super bien, soy bien bien super bien bien bien super super.