Command Radius

Guest Michael emrys

What kind of terrain were the squad and HQ in? Certain types of terrain can block communication (remember, at this level communication is by voice and hand signal). And each HQ has a CC rating, one of three. The HQ in question may have had the lowest rating, which would not have improved matters.

Michael

P.S. Best to forget about ASL. This is a new game with a new take on things.

The command radius is essentially LOS, up to a point - and this point is extended depending on your HQ's skills. So a squad ten metres away but out of view may be out of command, while another squad fifty metres away over open ground might be in command. The 'star' symbol in an HQ's info panel indicates increased command radius.

David

------------------

They lost all of their equipment and had to swim in under machine gun fire. As they struggled in the water, Gardner heard somebody say, "Perhaps we're intruding, this seems to be a private beach."

• 2 weeks later...

Has anybody done a study on how long in metres command radii are for the different command levels and possibly terrains?

If so, could you pls post your results.

There was a similar study done by a nice chap on cover/concealment, which I though was really useful.

Regards

CoralSaw

------------------

The best things in life are sniped at...

"In ASL scale, then it should all 3 squads should stack in the same or just 1 hex from the leader all the time?!!! Is it quiet unrealistic?"

No it's quite realistic dependant n terrain of course, If you are 40m away from me in swamp, woods, or in anotehr building for example, I cannot control you. open terrain, yes.

Los