AI orders extending over >1 turn

Hello,

A question for the BTS team: From playing the AI, I have noticed that ALL AI units pause at the begining of EVERY turn.

eg. A HT might commence the turn stationary on a road. It might start moving down a straight stretch of road. By the time the turn is over, it is still in motion moving along the road. At the begining of the NEXT turn, the HT is suddenly STATIONARY. After a few seconds, it starts moving down the road again.

Is this always the case in the demo? In the current build?

If so then...

Conlusion: the AI is severely handicapped in the way it can not seamlessly continue movement (or any order) from one turn to the next(say down a stretch of road). Treat every AI unit at the BEGINING of the turn as a STATIONARY target that will always PAUSE before it carries out its next order.

Lt. Bull

Guest Big Time Software

Uhm... a bit of an overstatement wink.gif Never, not even in the Beta Demo, has the AI done this for "all" units "every" turn. However, the AI was a bit scatterbrained sometimes in the Beta Demo and what you are seeing sometimes is it changing its mind like a Human player that can't quite decide what to do next.

As for its impact on a game as it stands now, it probably halts its units less than I do. I see periodic inactivity as a good thing, not bad, so I constantly stop units. Remember, a turn is only 60 seconds long. How many times do you think the average squad stops for 10 seconds during an advance in any sort of cover? That sort of thing is good as it keeps the guys rested and doesn't rush them ahead *too* much *too* fast.

Steve

Ok,

It seems that what I was seeing was the AI being scatterbrained and changing its mind at the end of every turn (mainly in LD with AI as Germans, very erratic movement...forward, bump, reverse, rotate, pause etc).

I will look more carefully for examples of "smooth" trans-turn orders.

Lt. Bull