CPX Saturday 23 October

James Sterrett

Celebrating the demise of working on weekends...

I'll be running a TacOps CPX this Saturday. The plan is to try

something a bit unusual: I'd like to run something small - quite

possibly Team Hall - with everybody on Blue. The trick is that we'll run it fast, and run it multiple times, with an AAR/planning session between each run, and a possible upgrades to the Red forces between the runs. This way we can run through it 5 or 6 times in around 6 hours, with players getting progressively better at playing CPXes and defeating the force facing them.

Start Time: 09.00 Central (15.00 GMT)

Please email me if you are interested in taking part (james.sterrett@gmail.com); I'll build the specific scenario later this week with an eye to the number of participants.

Primary IRC server:

Description: Martin Cracauer's Server

IRC Server: schlepper.hanse.de

Port: 7024

Channels: #tacops (and #BlueFor, probably)

Backup IRC:

Description: Matt Faller's Combat Mission Server

IRC Server: www.combatmission.com

Port: 7000

Channels: #tacops, #TacOpsBlue

In case it needs repeating: We will be using patch 405AU on Saturday.

To get it:

-------------

TacOps v405AU update patches for Windows and Macintosh are now available from the downloads page at Battlefront.

http://www.battlefront.com/downloads.html

The Windows patch file is titled "tacops_405AUu.zip".

The Macintosh patch file is titled "tacops_405AUu.sit".

If you do not see those file names then hit the "Refresh" button on your web browser.

A. Download and then Unzip or Unstuff the patch file for your OS.

B. Then read and carefully follow the instructions contained in the file "Instructions & Copyright.txt". This is not an auto installer. You must manually copy/move each file from the patch folder to a precise location in your TacOps 4 folder - so as to replace any files or folders of the same name.

This patch is only for the retail editions of TacOps v403 through v405AT. Do not apply this patch package to TacOps v3.x or to any military version of TacOps - permanent damage will result. This patch is comprehensive for TacOps v403 through v405AT so there is no need to retain or install any previous patch.

---------

I'm still looking for a Blue CO. smile.gif

Looks like we'll be using parts of Map 544. I haven't settled on the exact mix of kit yet, but it's looking like this for now:

Blue OOB: each line is one player

CO: 2x Tanks

Fire Support: 1x FIST, 2x 155mm offmap arty, 1x MRLS offmap

6 Light recce vehicles with infantry

2 platoons of tanks

2 platoons of mech infantry

2 Biber (Leopard) bridging tanks

4 ATGM vehicles

Later iterations of the scenario will introduce a helicopter, air support, and air defence units.

Deploy *north* of 03, and *east* of 06, on Map 544.

Mission: Move your force across the western river (that runs from approx 07/07 to approx 10/02). All bridges are down. Initially, you must keep all forces north of 03 and cross at a site where a bridge previously existed. [The bridges are "destroyed" by obstacles that can only be breached with an AVLB - of which you've got two.]

Red has older equipment initially, but will get better and more equipment as the scenario iterates and Blue proves adept at winning. Initially, 1 battery of offmap 122mm, 1 platoon of tanks, and 1 platoon of mechanized infantry. Improvements will include better vehicles, better artillery support, air defence, air support, and a helicopter.