Backblast & Buildings

Hi All,

Coming from the world of ASL, I’ve noticed in the Gold Demo that there is not much of a penalty for firing AT weapons from building locations. The ‘faust had quite a rearward flame and an “in building” firing should result in possible crew casualties or a reduced targeting ability.

I have not seen this issue modeled in the Gold Demo, is it addressed in the full version?

Is there a limit to how close a target can be to a PIAT fired from a second level location?

It was a spring loaded weapon, from which a round could slide out if pointed at a downward angle.

Just musings as I avoid work, while dreaming about having a full version of CM. wink.gif

Later,

Muzzlehead

Actually come to think about weapons in

buildings, I guess there is no way of

simulating the "backing the tank into a

barn" or putting an AT gun in a building?

(y'know I was just thinking that'd be

cool if you could see an infantry squad

scatter in all different directions when a

tank round hits close instead of all just

running the same way and dieing but that

would be pretty hard I guess...)

Muzzlehead,

These topics have been discussed before and from memory:

1. AT weapons fired from inside don't do casualties IIRC (it being assumed that people still avoid the BBDA). However, they do tend to set the place alight, which is generally a worse result for the defenders!

2. The Piat firing down problem was discussed and was decreed a furphy (I know, I raised it!). Do you have any more documentary evidence of the problem to bring to bear?

Searching should bring it all back.

Bruce