Napoleonic or Civilwargames based on CM

I just had a thought yesterday when I played the CM demo. Wouldn’t be great to do a Napoleonics battle or a Civilwar battle based on the CM engine. With nicely rendered units marching around the battlefield. I know that there’s some 3D games out there that like SM Gettysburg, but I don’t give much for realtime games. It tends to be a click feast (and feels like and action game with no strategy what so ever in it).

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Toni_Top_Gun:

I just had a thought yesterday when I played the CM demo. Wouldn’t be great to do a Napoleonics battle or a Civilwar battle based on the CM engine. With nicely rendered units marching around the battlefield. I know that there’s some 3D games out there that like SM Gettysburg, but I don’t give much for realtime games. It tends to be a click feast (and feels like and action game with no strategy what so ever in it).<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Have you tried Talonsoft's Battleground Series? It's not CM, but they remind me of the old SPI CW games. The Gettysburg game noe goes for about $10.00.

------------------

Blessed be the Lord my strength who teaches my hands to war and my fingers to fight.

I guess that some of us are still dreaming about Fields Of Glory.

It was so bloody.

Some scenarios were real slaughterhouses and the animations were good for that time.

Loved it.

I've tried Napoleon 1813 but it's not that...

And if it's just a matter of scale and number of units, you could do some good sims with CM concerning the independance war.

Small units, indians recon, mainly woods.

Better suited than for a complete Napoleonian.

------------------

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PawBroon:

I guess that some of us are still dreaming about Fields Of Glory. It was so bloody. Some scenarios were real slaughterhouses and the animations were good for that time.

Loved it.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey I loved that game! biggrin.gif

It *was* a good game for its day. The computer I had at the time couldn't handle it very well. Tended to be slow when cannons went off and musket vollies fired. IIRC, I think it was my old original PC, a 386-33MHz with a whoping 4MB of RAM.

Wished someone would do another updated version of it. I didn't think Talonsoft's Battleground series with the Napolean battles did it justice.

I'd like someone to keep the original feel to Fields of Glory and then give it at least an isometric view with higher res and detail soldiers with unique uniforms.

Then include a Waterloo Campaign like Fields of Glory was. And also a Russian Campaign. And since I'm not a Napoleonic Wars expert, any other campaigns he was involved in. wink.gif If done right, and the AI was very good. And the same turn/execution phase like in CM were there, I'd buy this game in a heartbeat. biggrin.gif

BTS, if you're listening, if you can find time inbetween further CM developments, a game of this magnitude would be greatly appreciated and fun.

I tried the Dragoon demo a while back and I could not for the life of me, figure out the interface. frown.gif

------------------

Finally........Maximus...has come back.....to the Forum!!!

[This message has been edited by Maximus (edited 06-12-2000).]

SM Gettysburg isn't that click feast as one noted. You can select the speed (even set it to pause) and give commands. In fact its a veryveryvery (hope no one is offended) light version of CM. You should give it a chance, it's quit funny smile.gif

Just, Just me, murx, murxmurx smile.gif-