Attention CM Web Authors!!! Update on CM Webring!!!

Guest Madmatt

Hello,

As you should know I am the administrator for the Combat Mission Webring. We have been very successful so far with over 25 active sites enrolled. We currently have several more pending approval but there has been a recent development which will delay that process .

Basically the Webring organization has been absorbed by Yahoo and all my administrative tasks have radically changed. I haven't yet been able to determine all the changes to the system but I know for existing sites in the ring there is none, its business as usual with no changes required. From what I can gather, any new site submitted needs to have a Yahoo account setup but I will need to investigate that and other matters further.

I just didn't want anyone waiting to get added thinking I have forgotten about you, I haven't, I am just trying to figure out this new system.

Thanks for your patience.

Madmatt

Admin of the Combat Mission WebRing...

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

Combat Mission HQ

CMHQ-Annex, The Alternative side of Combat Mission

CMHQ-Annex

Host of the Combat Mission WebRing

[This message has been edited by Madmatt (edited 09-13-2000).]

Ok, I just approved SEVEN new sites in one fell swoop so we shall see how this new Yahoo thing turns out.

Some obvious differences.

#1 My name is now refered to as "madmatt_and_you_can_bite_me" for purposes of ring ownership and administration. That is my new "YAHOOewy" handle and believe it or not that was the only permutation of Madmatt that it would accept! Honest.

#2 The new navigation panel is NOT very customizable other than color.

#3 Apparently the webring logo is now limited to a lame assed 50x50 pixels. I will see if I can fix this.

#4 The whole process is just about automated now and no more do I need to hand edit your Html fragement to insert into your pages. Seems Yahoo does it for you, so that at least is cool.

So welcome aboard and by my count we now have 31 sites on the ring.

Madmatt

------------------

Combat Mission HQ

CMHQ-Annex

[This message has been edited by Madmatt (edited 09-15-2000).]

Hi MadMatt

In the future may we address you with:

madmatt_and_you_can_bite_me biggrin.gif

I hold nothing against yahoo/geo. I even have my DCMF board running from there. Just don't like all those popups and never had the success of getting a website with frames up'running there either.

Thanks for the info

------------------

Malmvig

I'am not leaving either

Nope! Existing webring sites need to do NOTHING! Consider it a privilege to getting in early.

Madmatt

------------------

Combat Mission HQ

CMHQ-Annex