M4A3 High-res now released, US & Free French versions.

Well, I finally finished the damn thing. Old Dog has finished testing it and we are all go. He will be posting it to CMHQ for me, but tells me that if there are any really impatient people out there, to email him at

bnptoole@bellsouth.net

and he will send you a copy.

Please note that the mod comes with 2 little batch files to painlessly swap between versions. PLEASE read the rtf before launching in!! It's a big read, but necessary.

The mod was based on Tiger's Weathered Sherman pack out of necessity, since unless I redrew the whole lot in one hit, I had to maintain texture compatibility across all the Shermans. So make sure that you have this installed first.

(Hmmm, it's the old invisible email address trick)

[This message has been edited by Marco Bergman (edited 10-17-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Marco Bergman (edited 10-17-2000).]

For those who are wondering, yep, they look great, yep, they are high res, and yep, they have been submitted to CMHQ.

Oddball and Theron: your copies are winging their way to you even as I type. Any others who can't wait for Matt to post 'em, shoot me an e-mail.

Neither Marco or I currently have a website, so no pics YET, but if anyone with a page wants to host a couple of pics... hint, hint biggrin.gif Alternatively, I may try to set up a page just for the pics on a free hosting site, but given my "code-ignorance" (I'm thinkin' a code is something you get in the winter that makes your nose stuffy), no promises.

-Old Dog

Yeah, I know. A least you have the option of using the normal track texture instead.

I'm trying to make it less obvious it by redrawing the halftrack wheel. Initial results are partially successful. The catch with this of course is that it will force me to do high-res halftracks next... grrr.

The halftrack SHOULD have used the tyre texture on both wheel and track; it doesn't - so we'll just have to work around it. ( Have you noticed the way the wheel has funny colour patches due to the transparent bits on the track texture? )

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Marco Bergman:

The catch with this of course is that it will force me to do high-res halftracks next... grrr.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If youre gonna make a hi-res version of the halftrack check out the link i have in the topic "this ones for the mod makers out there (that means you tiger!)"

there are some great looking halftracks there (well... at least one)

------------------

Wof, wof, wof, wof... Thats my other dog imitation.