Main gun Mg targeting

Guest teutonic

Guest teutonic

Well I did a search and did not find what I was looking for. confused.gif If it is out there and you know what terms to search under please let me know, thanks, otherwise:

Is the ability to fire the bow machine gun at one target while firing the main gun at another target in the game?

Teutonic

I don't think you target them independently yourself, though, if that was Teutonic's question?

I've seen it too, but it was the TacAI doing the targeting in mid-turn. I think (at least in the demo) that you can only pick one target for the whole tank. If the turret is swivelled to one target and the bow gunner has an opportunity, the AI will engage both targets.

If I'm wrong I'm missing a significant capability!

I have clearly seen on multiple occasions the hull mg and the turret mg targetting complete different units... one of the reasons I find shermans to be so devistating anti-infantry (if you can keep the 'schrecks away)... I don't believe there is any way to target each machinegun yourself, I think that is up to the tac AI

-EridanMan

Guest Madmatt

Ok, here is the definitive answer (oh yeah, like I am capable of that! eek.gif ).

The TacAi will handle the bow mg's and any other attached weapon (such as the Nahvertdoohicky mounted on some German vehicles!) on tanks. You can only self-target the main gun and co-axial MG (if it has one).

I am not certain if when the both the co-ax and main gun are damaged what happens when you target though, I will try and see if i can get this situation to occur...

Madmatt out...

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

combathq.thegamers.net