Mi-26

Comanche

I was running a game and noticed that the Mi-26 would only pick up 1 vehicle at a time (LAV, 5 ton, HMMWV) despite the fact that the hold and lift weight is about the size of a C-130. Is this something in the code (all other Helo's will only lift 1 veh as well) or just an oversight.

TacOps does not support the loading of vehicles inside of helicopters. In TacOps, helos carry vehicles in external slings with a max of one sling per helo.

Changing that is on the wish list but it would require a huge amount of code and the addition of a height field to the data base record of every vehicle. That would be a lot of trouble and weeks of work just so that a few large helos could carry a few more small vehicles.

Major, Thanks for the answer. From my question I figured this would be the answer but I just wanted to be sure. As the MI-26 would be the only Helo that would be able to carry mutliple vehicles (aside from motorcycles) I say leave it as is, there are other more interesting things on the wish list.

Originally posted by MajorH:

TacOps does not support the loading of vehicles inside of helicopters. In TacOps, helos carry vehicles in external slings with a max of one sling per helo.

Changing that is on the wish list but ...

Well if you ever do get around to that one, I'd like to see the addition of a notional cargo aircraft, roughly C-130 class. It doesn't need any functionality other than the ability to carry the correct weight and volume of troops/equipment, load/unload, fly at medium altitude and land. That's enough to run an air head and force the players to keep the terrain around the airfield clear of infiltrators.

I've tried simulating it with multiple units of V-22s but it's a bit awkward and rather unrealistic when they do take fire. Who ever heard of 1/4 of a C-130 being shot down anyway? ;)