Excessive Immobilizations?

I was playing a QB with the new 1.1b22 patch and had both an armored car and an Ostwind get immobilized in the grass without ever coming under enemy fire of any sort. This was in dry summer conditions. I've never seen any vehicles bog on their own in those conditions, only in snowy or damp/wet conditions. Could this be a bug with the new patch, or did I just experience incredibly bad luck?

------------------

Hope you got your things together,

Hope you are quite prepared to die. --CCR

[This message has been edited by Samhain (edited 12-16-2000).]

I think you may be right Samhain, bogging/imobilizations seem to be much more frequent now on dry grass with the new patch. It seems to be hitting armored cars more than anything else too. I am in a game now where my M20 bogged. Last night the computers M20 bogged and became immobile too. Both of these games are in dry conditions and it happened on grass.

Addition: Now my M8 bogged down in dry grass. Something is screwy here. Time to run a test. I'll post my results when I'm done.

[This message has been edited by Subvet (edited 12-16-2000).]

Guest Andrew Hedges

According to the readme, there was a change to wheeled vehicle bogging in the b16 patch, although the readme suggests that this would be increased in "bad" terrain, which I would not consider dry grass to be. A fire hazard, yes. smile.gif

I know German tanks (and presumably armor of other nations) suffered extensive mechanical failures during the war for various reasons, but to have multiple light vehicles become immobile for no obvious reason seems to be stretching things--even if it is realistic, it sure isn't fun to waste points buying vehicles that bog right near their starting points at your edge of the map.

I'll have to experiment more.

------------------

Hope you got your things together,

Hope you are quite prepared to die. --CCR

Guest KwazyDog

Just so you know guys there was indeed a small bug here causing immobilisations when there shouldnt have been. Charles has fixed it for the next patch though smile.gif

Dan

FYI, I saw a mortar carrier become bogged/immobilzed on a road in wet conditions when moving fast. Although I could see bogging it did seem extreme that the vehicle would become immobilized.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by KwazyDog:

Just so you know guys there was indeed a small bug here causing immobilisations when there shouldnt have been. Charles has fixed it for the next patch though smile.gif

Dan<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>